Chapter 1: Mr. Night

Start from the beginning

~End of Prologue~

Funny enough, back on Earth, it didn't seem like it was forever nighttime like it was in space.

No—for it was morning. It was a very nice and sunny spring day. It was warm, but not to the point where it became hot and made people and their pets uncomfortable. There was a sweet scent of flowers in the air, bees and butterflies frolicking in the air trying to find flowers to extract nectar from, and people were enjoying this weather. A few couples walked together on cool sidewalks, lovingly embracing each other. There were just so many people enjoying life outside. A man and his dog. A couple with their three children. A woman on her rainbow colored bike.

And there was a house in the middle of the neighborhood. It was bright blue with lots of flowers in the yard of all shades of blue. There were those glass orbs you might find in people's yards. Some bright indigo, others bright cyan. White, glittering rocks were around the house outside.

Inside, you found four men: they were of a band.

But not any band.

They were—Electric Light Orchestra.

"WE'RE READY!!!" a short man yelled. His hair was in a round, curly perm that was auburn. He donned a horseshoe moustache and wide, excited blue eyes. Another man, clean shaven and slightly taller, was sheepishly behind him. With blue eyes that were usually half closed and long, wavy, ashy blonde hair, he stood there with a demure and reserved stance.

They were Kelly Groucutt and Richard Tandy.

A little ways down in front on them—sat the right side of a couch. Two men where sitting in it. On the left side, a tall man with long chestnut haired curls and a moustache and fluffy trimmed beard the same color. His sky blue eyes were focused on the ground as he sipped his earl grey tea. He was sitting cross-legged—wearing a white long sleeved shirt with a popped collar and pants of the same color. Funny enough—his shoes were also white. To  the right of him, there sat an even taller, muscular man with long, wavy hair with bangs almost covering his eyes as his hair almost bobbed and reached his shoulders. It was a very dark brown, which made the color of his eyes—the same as the other three men—stand out. Clean shaven, this man wore a black sweater and pants with colorful patterns on the sweater. Similar to his friend that was sitting next to him, his shoes were too the same color as his sweater and slacks.

They were Jeff Lynne and Bev Bevan.

Bev looked up and looked at Kelly and Richard. His eyes widened.

Kelly was wearing a long sleeved jacket with a popped collar that had many shiny, silver squares all over it as if it was like a disco ball. He had flared out pants that looked the exact same. He wore high heeled platform boots that were silver and pearlescent, but less shiny compared to the jacket and pants, to the point where they looked almost matte in a way. On his right ear, a dangling earring has donned his ear lobe: a miniature disco ball that matched his clothing. He practically never wore any makeup but for today he wore glittering silver eyeshadow and also had painted nails that matched it.

Richard was wearing a white t-shirt with a teal collar with the short sleeves being the same color as said collar. There was a flat colored Earth in the middle with the word "WORLD" on top and the word "PEACE" on the bottom of the planet. He wore  blue jeans with flared bottoms. He wore sparkly light blue sneakers with white soles and white shoe ties. He wore a light blue denim jacket with a few enamel pins on them. One pin was a yellow Saturn, another was a blue and green Earth, a few four-pointed white stars, a few yellow five-pointed stars, and there was even an enamel pin of Rosalina from Super Mario near the top on the left side of the jacket, a little ways under the lapel of the jacket so it could be seen. On his left ear he wore a gold earring that was a four pointed star, and wore shiny cerulean liquid eyeliner on his eyelids, with painted fingernails the same color.

"Well, you two sure are all dressed up..." he said, surprised.

Jeff looked at the two and he too was shocked, for he spat out his tea, which landed on the carpet a little ways in front of his feet.

"Where are you two even going???" he asked, bewildered.

"Richard and I are going shopping!" Kelly beamed joyfully.

"For what? We don't even need to shop at the moment..." Bev replied.

"Well, I'll have you know that we're not grocery shopping! Richard and I agreed to browse the store for anything we can use in order to make a spaceship! That way—with a spaceship, we can get the string trio back to Earth!!!" Kelly exclaimed with confidence.

Bev and Jeff looked at him with blank facial expressions.

"Y-you know what..." Bev muttered, "I-I'm not gonna judge..."

He shook his head and put down his newspaper and opened Pinterest on his phone.

"WELL... we're off! Bye-bye you two!" Kelly declared, cheerfully waving at them as he and Richard headed out the door.

Bev, turning from his Pinterest feed which was full of rose themed teapots and cute crochet ideas, looked at the tea stain that was on the carpet.

Jeff noticed and laughed nervously.

"I'm terribly sorry for doing that... I'll clean that up later..." he said awkwardly.

Bev didn't look at him and just sighed as a response.

Author's note: Why the Rosalina pin on Richard's jacket??? This is a crackfic after all, not a serious fanfiction, so I like to mash up different, random aesthetics and characters in my crackfics as in the prequel to this you can read here. Mario characters in my opinion, like Shrek characters, are perfect for meme-y crackfics, and were popular in YouTube Poops of the 2000s. Also let's just say that Richard reminds me of Rosalina because lol long blonde haired quirky quiet people haha...