Chapter 1: A New Life

"Everybody moved on, I, I stayed there..." 

The lyrics blasted through Julianna's headphones as she stared out the window. Julianna's mom Whitney and Julianna were driving to their new apartment in Reseda, California. They were moving from New York to California due to financial problems.

No, they weren't poor. But with it being just Julianna and Whitney living together, New York just wasn't the right place for them to get by.

Julianna stared out the window as she listened to her music. As she looked out the window she saw a little strip mall and she smiled at the thought of her old mall back home.

She didn't want to admit it because she knew it was better for her mom and her to move somewhere more affordable. But she knew she wanted to go back to New York.

For her, everything was there, her home, her friends, her school, her city, and most importantly her first love.

Her first love, Ethan, was one very big story for her to tell. Even though it hurts her to remember, it would hurt her even more if she forgot. After all, he was the first boy she said "I love you" to.

Whitney pulls into the parking lot of their new apartment complex, South Seas. The moving truck was just behind their car.

Julianna gets out of the car and stretches due to how long they've been driving. It was a sunny clear day, a hot day too. The sun was shining down on her as Whitney called Julianna over to bring some things to their new apartment.

Julianna grabs her backpack and two of her tote bags before following her mom to their new apartment.

When Whitney opens the front gate Julianna looks from behind Whitney's shoulder into the complex. Julianna's face drops as she looks around. This was so different from her New York apartment. And there was a pool with no water.

"Mom, this is.." Julianna starts to say but her mom cuts her off, "I know Julianna it's different but you just need to get used to it ok?" Whitney says looking back at her before she starts to walk.

Whitney starts to walk up the stairs as Julianna follows her. They both reach apartment 20 as Whitney unlocks the door, Julianna just looks around waiting. As she looks around she notices a man with shaggy blonde hair, and a beard walk out of his apartment with a trash bag filled with bottles she assumed.

Julianna looks away as Whitney finally opens the door and they both walk in. Julianna places her two tote bags on a table by the front door. The apartment was different in size and layout from her old apartment.

Two guys from the moving van started bringing in Julianna and Whitney's bigger furniture and other things, so Whitney went to them and helped them place things while Julianna walked out of the apartment to get more items from the car.

Julianna walks down the stairs that lead up to her apartment when she notices the same blonde man talking to someone. The boy he was talking to was scrawny, had jet-black hair, and a white and red hoodie. She couldn't see his face.

Julianna must have been looking at the two for too long because soon enough the blond man was walking away from the boy and the boy turned around catching her eye.

The boy froze before smiling softly at her. He walked closer to her but Julianna was frozen in place. He resembled Ethan.

"Well hello there, I'm Miguel Diaz. I just moved here." Miguel said smiling at her. Julianna bit her lip slightly before smiling back.

"Oh hi, I'm Julianna, well, Juli. I just moved here too. Like I'm bringing in boxes and everything." Julianna replies.

Miguel smiles even wider at her, "That's funny, where did you move here from?" He asks.

"I moved here from New York and you?" She questions.

"I moved here from Riverside with my mom and Yaya," Miguel says smiling.

Julianna held eye contact with Miguel and it made him nervous. He thought she was very pretty. So a pretty girl like Julianna, wait Juli, holding eye contact with him made his stomach flutter.

"That's nice Miguel, I actually should go help my mom and the moving guys with some stuff but it was cool talking to you. See you around?" Julianna asks him smiling starting to walk towards the front gate.

"Yeah. See you around Juli." Miguel states smiling at her.

Julianna smiles back at him before turning around and walking out the gate, the smile never leaving her face.

She thought he was cute, her smile dropped at that thought. She shook her head as she walked to her car.

"Don't fall for anyone Julianna," she whispers to herself before grabbing some more stuff out of her car.

She walks back through the front gate holding more bags and a box. She then notices Miguel already left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: guys i am absolutely devastated. i lost my phone at school. we already tried finding it, it was a whole hunt. but i couldn't find it so right now i have no phone and i am so sad. if i can't find it i will be heartbroken. we are tracking it and it's showing that it's still at school but we searched that spot more than once so i'm kinda losing hope. anyway, that's all hope you enjoy the chapter and comment! i love reading your guy's comments.