Won't you marry me?

Start from the beginning

Redson sounded calmer when he replied, "Right! I'm actually at the metropolis General Hospital, right now. They gave me your number. You're, um, Mr. Macaque's emergency contact?"

The usually carefree wukong stilled, a shiver of panic crawling up his spine, "Emergency? Macaque? Is everything okay?"

Wukong hadn't realized that he'd already started walking towards the exit of building when redson spoke again, "No, no, it's nothing too urgent! My mom, iron fan, had to, uh, bring Mr. Macaque to the hospital forcefully to get his wisdom tooth removed. The hospital has a dentist department as well and... The nurse suggested we inform the patient's emergency contact."

Wukong felt the tension leave his body as he exhaled in relief, "Oh. Wisdom tooth. Right. I'll be there in ten minutes. Thanks for calling me, kid."

The red haired boy gasped, "Oh, no, we don't want to bother you! You don't have to-"

The man chuckled to himself as he hung up on redson and got out his bike of the fancy parking lots; the boy on the phone was actually still very much a child.

Wukong's jaw clenched as he thought about how the redhead had had to grow up too soon, not quite unlike him.

Pushing dark thoughts aside, wukong hurried his way to the hospital on his bike.

He was well aware that he had no responsibility to show up there and look after that shitty bastard, but he wanted to. Not that he would ever admit it aloud. At least not in private.

He was in front of the operating room within less than ten minutes. Iron fan, the idealist, and of course, redson, the 'fire boy', as wukong's subordinate liked to call him, were waiting in front of the operating room.

Iron fan was busy reading and highlighting something in a book, and redson was just sitting comfortably on the chairs, staring at the hospital walls.

Apparently, they hadn't want to be in the room when macaque had his wisdom tooth removed.

Wukong cleared his throat to announce his presence, deciding not to have a dramatic entrance just this once. Redson jumped up from his seat immediately, "Hello, sun wukong!"

The said emergency contact gave him a small smile, "Just wukong is fine. Hey, kid." He also nodded at Macaque's current partner briefly, in greeting.

The black haired woman closed her book and stood up and bowed his head in greeting to the infamous man, "sun wukong. I must say I was quite surprised to see you listed as that idiot's emergency contact."

Wukong lips curved up when he saw how Macaque current partner referred to him as an idiot as well; he was familiar with the annoyance. He laughed, "Who else would it be?"

When iron fan just shrugged in response, the younger boy spoke up hesitantly, "Well, I don't know. We just kinda always assumed that it'd either be my mom or my dad, uh, bull king."

Wukong considered that with a tilt of his head, "I suppose that would make more sense, yes."

Redson just stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to say.

Thankfully, the poor boy didn't have to bear the awkward silence for too long. Wukong asked him quite nicely,

"So, care to tell me how this hospital visit suddenly happened? Quite random, don't you think?"

Redson chuckled thinking back on the incidents leading up to macaque ending up in the operating room, "You could say that, I suppose. You see, Mr. Macaque had been using his painful wisdom tooth as an excuse to get out of work for weeks now, and today my mom finally decided he's had enough."