15 « Attack on Titan »

Start from the beginning

Robotnik was so focused on getting the hedgehog, that he failed to see the almost obvious attack coming his way. Climbing along the mech's body were Tails and Knuckles. By now the two had nearly reached the top and were making last efforts to reach the emerald.

Far below them on the ground, Sonic had reached the bridge leading out of town. Running along it, he glanced at his surroundings worried. The mech was no longer behind him. Having lost his visual contact he was no longer sure if the doctor was even after him, meaning that he might need to turn back. To add to his issues was his stamina which was nearly all gone. Still, Sonic continued running to the best of his ability, because he had to.

Completely unexpectedly, a silhouette suddenly appeared from the side of the bridge. Evilly grinning, the mech continued rising as Sonic watched it with wide eyes. With only one way to go, he continued running along the bridge and toward its end.

Robotnik's booming voice suddenly sounded in the valley as he shouted, "Snot rocket!" Bringing his hand up to his nose, he used his fingers to block one of his nostrils. As he blew out, the nose shot out a laser beam straight at the bridge. Immediately, the middle of the bridge was destroyed and pieces began falling to the river below.

"No, no, no!" Sonic panicked.

He continued running as behind him the flames were moving closer and closer as more and more of the bridge collapsed. Beneath him the supports gave out. The road cracked and was immediately torn into pieces. With what he had left, he jumped on one of the pieces that was falling, and from that to another one. However, he quickly lost his balance, and began plummeting down as pieces of the bridge surrounded him.

It felt like his whole body was being crushed as he landed on the ground. At that point his mind was nearly dull.

Robotnik laughed, "Giving up already? Not so tough when you're fighting someone 700 times your size, are ya?"

Sonic opened his eyes to see the blurry image of where he had fallen. Pieces of metal and chunks of concrete were all around him.

The slightest movement immediately brought him immense pain. But he still had to do it.

His body slumped on the ground as he passed out from the pain.

"You can't beat me! I'm all-powerful! All-knowing!" Robotnik boasted. Grinning, he watched the hedgehog lying on the ground. However, that expression quickly vanished as he heard something behind him. "All-seeing," he added to the list. Turning around, he came to see a laser burning the side of the mech's head. The circle was finished, and the piece fell off.

Immediately through the new hole flew in the twin-tailed fox. "Looks like your fancy robot has a glitch," Tails said as he activated his gadget. More copies of Tails flew inside the space. "Is it me?" said one of the tens of Tails' as another asked, "What about me?"

The doctor gritted his teeth as he looked at the various foxes in the room that each kept spouting that they were the real one.

"I'm over here."

"Up top!"

"Down below!"

Robotnik pointed at one of the foxes, and a beam shot out of his finger. The hologram vanished as another shouted, "Behind you!"

"I'm over here!"

"Over here"

"Too slow!"

"Missed me again."

"Sorry!" said another as Robotnik began shooting beams at different Tailses with an increasing number.

With Robotnik busy trying to find the correct Tails, he failed to see Knuckles entering the cockpit. The echidna immediately spotted Y/N and leaped over to her. She saw him, and her face became that of confusion. Knuckles took a hold of the metal restraint over her mouth and pulled it. The metal snapped effortlessly, freeing her, and she took a deep breath.

Once her lungs felt finally full again, she looked at Knuckles, somewhat apprehensive. She had no idea of the last few developments, and understandably was unsure of the echidna's actions.