No!! It will worsen the situation.

"Jhanvi." Daadi is out in the living room. She's around 65 years now, but the way she has maintained herself all these years, no one can say she has crossed even 60. I drop my purse and run into her arms.

"Missed you Daadi."

"Missed you too, sweetheart."

She kisses my forehead and cups my face.

"You look so exhausted. And don't you eat well these days?"

"I could ask you the same," I grin. "Your weight has dropped."

"The wedding preps," Mohit intervenes. "She's busy with our wedding preparations."

I fake a smile recalling Aarav's declaration.

You are marrying Aarav Raichand in a week, Jhanvi Sikand, and that's me.

His words echo in my ears. Did he mean it? Or was he fooling me? Why would he fool me with something so disgusting?

"Jhanvi? What are you thinking?" Daadi asks, worried by my turned-down expressions.

"Nothing. Just a bit tired. Can I freshen up and-?"

"Sure," she doesn't let me complete. "Mohit, take Jhanvi to her room."

"With pleasure," he grins leading me to the stairs.

I glance at the surroundings. Nothing changed in this mansion. Everything is as it was when I left this place for London.

"This Chandelier still exists?" I ask, pointing at the huge glass chandelier in the first-floor lobby.

"It was your favorite. So Daadi kept it. Every month, she gets the servants assigned to clean it. Too much work as it's delicate but worth it..."

I laugh when he winks at me.

"The great Mohit Raichand and his flattery. Never gets old," I mock.

"For you, never," he admits.

He pushes the door open of my bedroom, and I grin ear to ear. The teddy bear which I played with in my childhood is right on the bed.

"Teddy," I scream and jump on the bed to cuddle it. "I missed him so much."

Mohit rolls his eyes.

"What's with you and Teddy Bears? You had one in the London apartment too."

"I love to hug them. They are so accommodating and soft."

Mohit chuckles.

"Whatever. Freshen up. I'll see you at dinner. I am sure you are hungry."

"Famished."

"Then come soon. Bye."

He leaves and I take another minute to cuddle my teddy before heading for a shower.

*********************

The dinner went superb. It's been a while since I ate so many varieties of Indian dishes with desserts I love.

"I can eat this Rabdi the whole day." I lick the spoon, finishing the desert and put it back in the empty bowl.

Daadi who is sitting right opposite me and Mohit, sees the Bracelet on my wrist.

"That's a good bracelet. Is it platinum?"

Blood drains from my cheeks. I never realized they would notice. Mohit grabs my arm to check.

"Yes, that's beautiful. But.."

"But what?" I stutter.

"It has 'AR' written on it. What does that stand for?"