Meanwhile, Carter sat at the table picking at the food in front of her. She knew she had to eat something or her Mimi would be very sad. She'd never yell or get upset with her but she always noticed the frowns. Additionally, the thought of disappointing Scarlett terrified her. She was excited to see the woman, well better worded as longing. She didn't want to jeopardize that by upsetting her with not eating her breakfast.

Taking a few bites of the fruit and probably consuming a handful of cereal, she pushed the bowls away. Unsure of how long her Mimi would take she grabbed her cup and left the table for the living room.

Climbing onto the chair nearest the T.V., Carter laid down with her head resting on the armrest. She took small sips of her honey water, unwilling to admit that it was in fact nice, while staring at the black screen of the T.V.

She very easily could've turned it on, the remote sitting in a dish on the coffee table, but she didn't want to. She just needed something to stare at while millions of thoughts raced through her head.

When MiMi finished with the girls bag she carried it downstairs setting in the hallway on her way to the kitchen. Shocked to see the girl's absence from the table, she took a quick look at her breakfast happy to see she'd eaten about a third. It was no secret she'd only given her half of her normal portions though.

Following her best guess, the woman stepped into the living room, unsurprised to find the girl laying the chair by the television. Thinking she just didn't see the remote, the woman moved to turn the T.V. on setting it to some kids channel as a distraction.

With Carter settled, she turned her attention to the few things she needed to do around the house. It was only the sound of knocking on the front door a few minutes later that caught her from continuing. Wiping her hands of the water from doing dishes, she walked through the living room to check on the girl on her way. Carter seemed unfazed, content in her distracted state.

Unlocking and opening the front door, the woman had to hold back a gasp at who stood in front of her.

'What are you doing here?' She questioned, a little more sharp than she intended to come off.

'I came to pick up Carter.' They said as if it was obvious.

The woman, answered in a hushed voice hoping not to disturb the girl in the other room, 'You are not taking her!'

'What are you talking about?! She's my daughter!' They exclaimed.

Mimi looked back at Carter in the living room, pleased to find her attention was still on the show, before turning back to the person in front of her, 'First of all, you will keep your voice down. You don't raise your voice at me and I don't need you causing any problems. Second of all, you have some nerve thinking you can just show up after nothing and take her.'

'It's not after nothing, she's my kid!' They countered in a now hushed tone.

'That may be true, but you have no right after what you pulled.' Mimi sent right back.

'What are you saying then?' They asked.

The woman sighed, 'I'm saying that you need to get your shit together and figure out what the hall you are doing before you drag her along. She deserves someone who wants to spend time with her, someone who puts her first and right now you don't provide either of those.'

They rolled their eyes, 'Look, I didn't mean to do anything, something came up and I had to.'

'Bullshit.' Mimi declared, 'If you wanted to be there for her, you would've explained that you had other priorities. That you had priorities. You didn't and you know it.'