Madelyn opened her eyes. "Yeah, I'm ok. Do you want to order sushi or something?" She brought up, changing the subject.

Gracie agreed but wasn't quite convinced that Madelyn was completely ok.

They ordered dinner and ate snuggled up on the couch while watching a show. Later in the night, Gracie laid down on Madelyn, her head resting on Madelyn's lower stomach. Madelyn yelped suddenly and clutched her right side.

"What happened? What's wrong?" Gracie asked, placing her hand over Madelyn's.

Madelyn inhaled sharply. "Fuck." She whispered as she squeezed her eyes shut and clenched her jaw.

"Maddie, what's going on?" Gracie asked again.

"Ah!" Madelyn yelled in pain.

Gracie felt helpless. Madelyn couldn't communicate what was happening or why she was in pain. Gracie lifted her girlfriend's shirt up and gently removed Madelyn's hands from the area, but she didn't see any visible blemishes or injury. She rubbed her hand over the area.

"No, no, no, it hurts." Madelyn said breathlessly.

"What's hurting? Mads baby, you have to tell me." Gracie said calmly, trying to steady Madelyn and get her to verbalize what she was feeling.

Madelyn gritted her teeth.

"Take a deep breath." Gracie said. Madelyn did as she said. After she breathed and collected herself, she began to tell Gracie about her pain.

"It feel like the worst cramp ever, like someone is stabbing me. Holy shit, ow." Madelyn said, clutching her side again.

"Are you on your period?" Gracie asked, rubbing her thumb along Madelyn's hand.

She shook her head.

"Ok, have you ever felt this before?" Gracie asked.

Madelyn shook her head and laid her head back with her eyes squeezed shut again. It was obvious to Gracie that she was in an immense amount of pain.

"Maddie, breathe." Gracie said.

Madelyn nodded but couldn't get a full breath in. "It hurts, I can't." She whimpered.

"Can you stand up?" Gracie asked, trying to test how severe the situation was. Gracie stood up and took ahold of Madelyn's hands, gently pulling her up. She let out another scream, unable to stand without folding over and clutching her torso.

Gracie felt herself getting flushed. She didn't know how to help Madelyn. She ran her fingers through her hair out of sheer panic.

"Ok, ok, sit back down." Gracie said. She stood there for a moment observing Madelyn. She then noticed tears on Madelyn's cheeks. Gracie stroked her shoulder and cheek hoping to calm her.

"Do you need a hospital?" Gracie asked worriedly.

"Maybe." Madelyn said while out of breath.

"Shit." Gracie whispered under her breath.

Madelyn continued to wince and hold her stomach.

"Stay here, let me grab a few things." Gracie said.

"What do you mean 'stay here', I literally can't move, G." Madelyn said frustratedly. 

Gracie rushed around to grab her belongings as well as Madelyn's. She returned to an ailing Madelyn. She wrapped her arms around Madelyn's body and helped her up. Madelyn groaned as they slowly walked. Gracie was propping her up by placing one of her hands under Madelyn's armpit and the other on her waist.