𝐒𝐮𝐳𝐢𝐞, 𝐃𝗼 𝐲𝗼𝐮 𝐂𝗼𝐩𝐲?

———✰———

———✰———

Cindy Hopper was perfectly happy taking her break at her evening shift of scoops ahoy, that was until she heard Robin's voice shout out "Hey Dingus, Shortie, you're children are here"

Steve threw the window that divided the front of the store and the break room, open revealing himself and the dark haired girl whose hair was in beaded pigtails.

"Again, really?" Steve asked and only got a 'really' look from Mike.

"Uh, uh, they are not my children I take no responsibility for them. Steve's the one who showed them the secret entrance" Cindy shook her head with wide eyes as she turned her attention to Robin who was looking at her in amusement.

"We're gonna miss the previews" Lucas moaned making the two teens roll their eyes and lead them to the secret cinema entrance.

"I swear if anyone hears about this" Steve yells after them.

"We're dead" they all repeat what he'd been telling them all summer.

Cindy turned her attention up to Steve "This is all your fault"

Steve just hugged before he turned and led them out back to scoops.

———✰———

About twenty minutes after Cindy and Steve had led the younger teens to the cinema the power went out at the mall as the trio were working at scoops.

"That's weird" Steve stopped scooping as he looked up and commented. The older boy then went over to the light switch and started flicking it making the two girls look at him with a frown.

"That isn't gonna work dingus" Robin commented.

"Oh, really?" Steve questioned before he started to flick the switch more aggressively.

A few seconds later the lights went on causing Steve to smugly state "let there be light" before he went back to work. Robin and Cindy shared a look before they too went back to scooping ice cream.

———✰———

Robin and Cindy were laughing as they listened to Steve make a fool out of himself as he flirted with two girls. Cindy new them from Hawkins High but they were in Steve's year and never really interacted with them. This summer however Steve was flirting with every girl he could possibly find other than Robin and Cindy, not that he hadn't tried with Cindy in freshman year. Freshman year was Cindy's first year at a proper school so she hadn't really noticed what Steve was attempting. But they did become good friends often laughing with each other in Mrs Clicks class.

"Yeah, you know, I considered Purdue, but then I was like, you know what? I really feel like I need some real life experience you know before I hit college, see what it's like. Kinda like, uh, I don't know see what it's like to earn a working man's wage you know?" If Steve's rambling wasn't bad enough the beeping machine quickly lost any attention he had by the girls. "I think that's like totally important"