The Carnival||PART TWO||

Start from the beginning

It had a rather plain taste even though it was supposed to be salty. Maybe I'm getting too used to living in the Joestar Mansion..

"Hey Kate, why would you run off like that?" I heard Y/n's voice as I turned to my left, not realizing that she had managed to find me. Her eyebrows were scrunched up in worry as her voice was soft and tender.

How can I tell her about it? What is going to happen next? I'm scared..

I just took a bite from my corn and chewed it, too busy with my thoughts to acknowledge her existence. How do I do it? I thought as suddenly I was pulled out of my thoughts by the feeling of a hand squeezing my knee. I looked up to the person who squeezed my leg, only to be met with Y/n's confused look. Swallowing the corn, I opened my mouth to speak up.

"I- Well.. I was just really hungry is all." I said as a blush of embarrassment from my previous actions crept up my cheeks along with a creeped out look, realizing how vulnerable I've been lately.

She gave me a questioning look, but didn't say anything as she took her hand off from my knee. She looked around, almost as if she was searching for something.. Did she catch up?

"Even so you shouldn't just run off like that. What if you got lost or even worse..!" Jonathan said with a look of worry on his face, as his eyes looked into my chocolate colored ones.

It's not like I'm all defendless.. I thought as I gave him a small, apologetic  smile and looked back art my corn, that's when i got an idea. I focused on my breathing, taking a breath of fresh air in as I let it circulate inside my body, I focused my energy on the corn. I was trying my best to make it work as the energy on the corn said  "He is here.". Come on Y/n.. please look my way..

Then she finally looked at me. I saw her eyes widen in realization as soon I let go of the aura. That's it.. peace is over. No, it was never there, the chaos was just awaiting us.

"Why don't we just go for some more food and enjoy the evening?" Y/n asked as she looked at me, but I was still a bit nervous. She sighed as she closed my eyes and send me a signal by using her aura, it read "It's okay.".

"Yea, I myself am getting pretty hungry just sitting there.." Jonathan trailed off as it seems that he felt a bit awkward by how he was being ignored by us.

Jonathan's POV:

"Yea, I myself am getting pretty hungry just sitting there.." I trailed off as I felt a bit awkward by how I was being ignored by the two of them, it felt as if I was intruding a private conversation.

We all stood up as I felt my stomach grumbling, I looked around and saw a stand for baked goodies. I looked back at Kristine and Y/n with a smile, excited to tell them about it. But instead I saw Kristine taking a salty corn out of her pocket and giving it to Y/n.

"Oh, hey can I have one too?" I asked with a drooly smile as I reached my hand forward, expecting to be given a salty corn.

"Well.. I'm sorry but I had bought only two. One for me and one for Y/n.." Kristine said as she looked down at the ground. Oh..

"Well that's alright, let's just go and get some baked goodies." I said as I picked up the two toys we had won and started walking towards the stand, with Y/n and Kristine following behind me.