ℬ𝓇𝓊𝓃ℴ'𝓈 𝓋𝒾𝓈𝒾ℴ𝓃

Start from the beginning

"So perfect" Isabela agreed.

"And so good for the Encanto."

(Y/n) rolled her eyes before getting up from her spot and headed to her fathers door with Mateo following behind. Bruno's door has been turned off and hidden from the rest of the family and community for quite some time. (Y/n) pushed the door with ease and upon entering the room a waterfall of sand spilled down making a curtain hiding the inside.

Mateo hummed as he moved close to the curtain and touches the sand. "Casita, can you turn off the sand?" He asked.

(Y/n) spoke, "Casita can't do that, it's limits comes to a peak when it comes to our rooms." Casitas floor tiles moved agreeing. (Y/n) smirked as she walked through the curtain leaving Mateo.

Mateo held his bag tightly, he thought out loud, "I need to do this, for you, for Abuela... (Y/n). Maybe a little for me" he lets out a breath, before walking ahead, "Find the visions, save the mir—ack!"

He yelped as he fell face first onto a dune, he groaned as he slowly slid down, getting up his glasses were filled with sand and he spat out sand from his mouth. Removing the sand from his glasses, he got up and opened his eyes and saw (Y/n) standing in front of him with the same smirk on her face.

Playfully he rolled his eyes before his gaze went onto a large stone hand that pointed up, "Your future awaits" was carved into it. He and (Y/n) looked up and saw stairs that spiraled up along the cavern. 

"Whoa..." he gawked looking up.

(Y/n) sighed, "I hope you like stairs."

As they looked, flapping was heard and beside a stone next to Mateo, Antonio's tucán landed and looked towards them smiling and squawked.

Mateo turned, "Oh hello. Lotta stairs but at least I have two friends...no... he flew away immediately." The bird squawked as it flew and Mateo groaned.

(Y/n) snickered, "I guess you're stuck with me, Teo. You have me all to yourself"  (Y/n) spoke as she she leaned onto his shoulder

Mateo thought for a moment, "I mean it's not a bad thing... at all."

Mateo looked at her, seeing her eyes shine made his heart ache. He booped her nose, "Yeah, I do. Let's do this" He smiled and looked up the stairs.

꧁🦋꧂

The first chunk of stairs was a breeze, (Y/n) walked ahead of him while he sang talking, "Welcome to the Family Madrigal..."

꧁🦋꧂

Another part (Y/n) walked at a steady pase while Mateo started to fall behind panting slightly, "There's to many stairs in the Casa Madrigal..."

꧁🦋꧂

The last bit goes by and (Y/n) is still at her steady pace while Mateo slouches getting up the stairs, out a breath he spoke, "You think there would be another way to... get so high 'cause we're magic, but no... magical, how many stairs fit in here! Bruno, your room is the worst!!"

(Y/n) turned around at his statement, "It's not the worst, it's good exercise and has a lot of space" She defended. Mateo raised a brow, "HOW ARE YOU NOT TIRED?!?!" He questioned, (Y/n) snorted.