05. IVORY THINKS OF HIM

Start from the beginning

seishirou clones unkempt stranger in bowing his head, whether it's to stop his urges or it's starting to feel a little hot, he doesn't know and doesn't want to know. "...if your grandpa doesn't mind."

"he wouldn't. he's a retired chef, so he'd be more than glad."

seishirou swears it was just for the food until he glances up to see unkempt stranger's eyes in wonder. though the twinkles are barely there, they're still a sight to behold (since he doesn't expect him to be able to make a face like that, of course).

"i'm nagi seishirou." seishirou blurts out in the spur of the moment. well, his moment.

"i'm l/n y/n, pleased to meet you." unk- y/n pulls out two containers and holds them out to him, "it's warabi mochi with black sugar syrup. please... please be my friend."

oh my god. seishirou clasps over both of y/n's hands and shakes them gently, the container following along. "let's get along well, y/n."

y/n beams and holy shit, seishirou's eyes are probably the ones that look like they're in wonder now. he doesn't think he cares about y/n's hair anymore.

one look is all it takes for seishirou to immediately tear up his stereotype of y/n being remotely similar to him or impassive.

how'd he even get that conclusion, anyway? seishirou wouldn't put up this much effort to befriend someone (maybe that's why he doesn't have any friends in the first place).

for now, he'll just enjoy the sweetness of the mochi, and maybe of l/n y/n. just a bit, really.

☆✮☆

THEN, IT BECAME A ROUTINE.

"y/n~ what's the menu for today?" seishirou approaches y/n outside of his class. the latter have been picking him up for lunch break a few days after they met (seishirou slept for too long once and y/n got worried), and seishirou would be lying to say it doesn't lift his mood.

because classes are dreadful and nothing cheers him up more than the idea of a full stomach, obviously.

y/n fixes up seishirou's collar before they start walking. "grandfather slept in, so we'll be buying from the cafeteria today."

seishirou hums, the ghost of y/n's touch lingers like perfume on his neck. "and your grandmother?"

"she doesn't cook very well."

"and you?"

y/n stops in his tracks.

"nagi-san, are you implying that you're willing to taste my cooking?"

seishirou turns his heel to stare at y/n in confusion. "why not?"

"...i'll see what i can do soon."

"huh? okay," seishirou nods at him. "can't wait."

they don't talk about the small peps in the h/c-ette's steps when they resume their way to their staircase.

the moment they arrive, seishirou latches himself on y/n's side and leans his head on his shoulder as he always does. except he forgets that y/n didn't bring their lunch boxes.

"nagi-san, get off me, i'm gonna go to the cafeteria to buy melon bread." y/n pushes his head off of his shoulder. seishirou groans as his head gets pushed back when he tries to lean in again.

"stay here, i'll be back." as though seishirou was a dog, y/n orders him before making his way downstairs.

'i'm not a dog....' seishirou rubs the spot his hair was leaning on y/n and stares at where the latter left off to make him look like an abandoned puppy. seishirou doesn't like this metaphor.