𝐼𝒳. real life, instagram, & youtube

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

NINE.

MEMORIES

The second Rina spotted her parents waiting for her, she ran and jumped into their arms. They almost fell over at the impact of her bone crushing hug. It had been months since she last saw them because she was so busy with filming and barely had time to book a flight. The flight from New York City to Boston was only an hour long, considering the cities weren't a crazy distance away— but since she had no car, she did not feel like sitting in an Uber for 3 hours. Her parents had offered to drive to her and then back, but she thought it was too much for them.

     "I missed you guys so much," Rina sighed contently, as she stood in squished between her parents' embrace.

     "Hello? I'm here too," a familiar voice spoke, faux hurt laced in their words.

     Rina's eyes shot open and right behind her parents was her older sister. She gasped and pushed through her parents to throw herself at her the older girl. Her sister was four years older than her and had moved away to California for college when was Rina was 14 years old. Despite both of them now living in the same state, Rina and her sister barely had time to meet up considering they were about six hour drive away from each other and both girls were always busy. The last time they saw each other was for the older girl's graduation in 2021– a week after Rina had graduated from high school.

The curly-haired girl cupped the back of her sister's head and ran her hands through the older girl's hair, desperate to make sure this was real. She har missed her sister so much. Before Rina met the triplets in fourth grade, her sister was her best and only friend. The two did everything together and when the younger Moore met the three boys, all four of them would force Rina's older sister to hang out and do everything with— she graciously accepted each time. She was a pivotal part of Rina's life and for the past two years when she had only ever seen her sister through FaceTime, she felt incomplete. Now in her sister's arms, she felt like herself again. This is what home was.

     "I missed you so much, JJ."

     Jules, Julianna, gripped her younger sister tighter. "I missed you too, Riri."

     Their dad raised an eyebrow at the two girls and rolled his eyes playfully. "Don't you guys live in the same state? Over here acting like JJ came back from war."

     The Moore daughters broke away from their hug and scoffed at their dad in unison, while their mom patted their dad's shoulder in exasperation.

     "Honey, it's the same reason they don't visit us," their mom sighed, while looping her arm through her husband's and leading them towards the exit.

     Rina and Jules trailed behind, while their dad replied, "Because they're too damn lazy to open up their phones and book a flight?" He paused, before he laughed heartily and smiled softly at the three woman. "I'm just messing with you two. I'm happy you're both here. All of my girls in one place."

     Jules bumped his shoulder and chuckled, "Alright, let's not get all sappy at the airport."

     Rina was bouncing on the balls of her feet. Being with her family again made her realize how much she missed this dynamic and how much she missed Boston in general. Jules threw an arm over her sister's shoulder and the two leaned in to each other. Her face fell momentarily when she remembered she wouldn't be here for long, but she quickly plastered a huge grin back on her face eager to soak up all the good while she still could.