Day One: First Kiss

Start from the beginning

"He's good, he didn't lie," Brock said easily, moving to sit on the couch again. Evan nodded, shrugging. "Right, we'll test your gun skills later, but for now welcome to the team. You have any belongings?" He asked and Daithi bit his lip.

"Not really, my parents didn't send me here with much, they're not very happy I'm an Omega," he said quietly and Brian hissed. "Well, we'll fix that. Come on, I'll show you to a suite and we'll go get you some clothes and other things. First or second floor?" He asked Evan who shrugged.

"Right now you're the only one on second floor, you can bring him up there if you want. Keys are by the door," he said and Brian nodded, gesturing for Daithi to follow.

He did so, ignoring the burning eyes on his back from Tyler. He was intrigued, and really shouldn't be. He looked like a major asshole, and Daithi should stay away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weeks passed, and Daithi found himself comfortable with the crew. He joined Brock several times for study sessions, learning how to stitch better and how to find veins. Evan had brought a new person in the week before, an alpha named Marcel who was loud and brash, but loved to laugh and was really good with stealth.

Daithi also couldn't find it in himself to avoid Tyler, he was drawn in by that subtle scent of campfires and leather, those blue eyes that always seemed to be on him. Daithi could see he was protective of his family, loud, rude and yelled a lot, but would defend anyone who talked about them behind their backs.

Evan had instructed Tyler to teach Daithi basic self defense, and the three sessions they'd had had been intense. Daithi gave it his all, but he knew he was still very amateur. Which also led to Tyler being frustrated and yelling even more.

Daithi didn't take it though, yelling right back. Insults flew and their heads butted more often than not, but Tyler would also take the time if Daithi got hurt during a spar to make sure he got the help he needed if he couldn't help himself.

It'd been 2 months since Daithi had been welcomed and he headed down to the sparring range, resigned to yet another ass beating. This would be the last one before his heat, since he was due to start it in a few days. Jon had gone with him to get him some supplies to help, and everyone would avoid the second floor until it was finished.

Brian and Marcel were on the second floor with him, but Marcel would room with Brock until Daithi's heat was over and Brian was a beta, so it didn't matter to him. Daithi felt really awkward knowing they all knew what he'd be doing those three days, but there was nothing to do about it, he was an Omega and couldn't do anything about it.

He walked into the sparring room, finding Tyler throwing punches into a punching bag. He stopped and watched a moment, tilting his head as he took in how the Alpha danced around imaginary opponents and the way his muscles flexed as he threw the punches.

Tyler took a deep breath and paused, turning to face Daithi. "Finally here huh?" He snipped and Daithi sneered, crossing his arms. "Yes. I am, where do you want me?" He asked flatly and Tyler rolled his eyes.

"Tape your hands, we'll work on blocks and throws," he said, gesturing to the corner with the supplies and Daithi headed over, taping his hands the way Tyler had shown him a couple weeks before. He shrugged off his jacket and moved back to the padded area, waiting for Tyler to join him.

"Right, keep your arms up like this, it'll protect your face and chest. Keep your eyes open, don't get distracted," Tyler said, holding his arms up in demonstration.

Daithi copied him, trying to ignore the faint scents coming off the other since he'd been sweating and his scent was stronger. Tyler swung at him and he shot his arms up, blocking the punch and trying to move in to punch back.