𝒫𝓇ℯ𝓈𝓈𝓊𝓇ℯ

Start from the beginning

Julieta placed a ball of dough on the stove and flips over another one, "What I think is that today was very hard for you" Julieta went over to Mateo and wiped her hands.

"That's—" Mateo grunted looking for the right words, "I was looking out for the family. And I might not be super strong like Luisa or effortlessly perfect like señorita perfecta Isabela, who's never even had a bad hair day, but..." Mateo sighed, "Whatever" he leaned back against the counter and his mother joined him holding his cut hand.

Casita then brought over a plate with a single arepa with a small box, Julieta sprinkles the arepa, "I wish you could see yourself the way I do. You are perfect, just like this" she says handing the arepa to Mateo, Mateo took a bite out of it while his mom moved a curl from his face. "You're just as special as anyone else in this family."

Mateo hummed as he lifted up his hand, "You just healed my hand with an arepa con queso." Julieta walks her fingers along his hand, "I healed your hand with my love for my son" she grabbed a hold of his hand and coddled him.

"—With his wonderful brain..." Mateo groaned as his mother continues, "Big heart... cool glasses"

"Mamá! Stop" Mateo tried to wiggle out her hold as she kissed his cheek. "Ay, te amo. Cosa lindo"

Mateo wiggled out her grasp, "I know what I saw" Mateo said crossing his arms. Julieta sighed, "Teo, my brother Bruno lost his way in this family. I don't want the same for you... get some sleep. You'll feel better tomorrow."

꧁🦋꧂

Once the people get, the ceremony was now over everyone went into their rooms and headed to bed, well except Mateo who laid on his back starring at his ceiling. He sighed shifting in his bed recalling each of the cracks in casita and how the candle was nearly put out.

Mateo grunts as he get out of bed and puts on his glasses before being his room, looking up the miracle.

꧁🦋꧂

Onto the roof Mateo walked carefully all the way up to Alma's window we're the miracle was placed. Mateo looked at the pink wall in front of him but quickly leaned against it hearing footsteps get near, Alma stood in front of the window and looked down to a locket inside was a small portrait of her husband.

"Ay, Pedro...  I need you... Cracks is in our casita. If our family knew how vulnerable we truly are... if our miracle is dying... we cannot lose our home again" Alma sighed her eyes became glossy, "Why is this happening?... Open my eyes. If the answer is here, help me find it. Help me protect our family. Help me save... our miracle" Alma kissed the portrait before heading to bed.

Mateo looked up to the miracle, determined, "I will save the miracle."

꧁🦋꧂

Mateo charged inside his room and got ready, he changed out of his pajamas and grabbed his bag. He headed towards his door and grabbed the doorknob. He paused, "Wait. How do I save a miracle?" He questioned turning to casita who waved a shrug.

He thought out loud, "I figure out what's happening to the miracle" Casita opened its window.

"Oh. I have no idea" he replied and picked up a family photo, "But there is one person in this family who hears everything about everything." Mateo looked over to the right side of the photo at his cousin, Delores.