Damon glared at Jordan. "What the hell have you been saying to my sons?"

"The truth. When they ask, I tell them the truth." Jordan stated firmly. "They wanted to know, and they had to know what they were getting themselves into if they were planning on helping you."

"So it's you I should blame for them hating me?"

"The only person you've got to blame is yourself. And they don't hate you. They hate what you are doing." Jordan knew the brothers cared about their father. "Your sons have been through a lot over the years. They had to grow up without a mother and a father who wasn't around unless it suited him. They love you, and that's never going to change. It's time you start putting them first and forget all Katherine."

"I can have both."

"You can't have both, and you know, you can't."

Even in Katherine's absence, she continued to play mind games with Damon. Only when Damon realizes that Katherine has been manipulating him from the very start can he truly move forward with his life.

✰✰✰✰

✰✰✰✰

Sebastian Salvatore found himself seated alone in Mystic Grill, his gaze fixated on a blank page of his brand-new sketch pad. He had an art project he had to work on for his art class, which was due next week, and he struggled to decide what to draw.

Sebastian hadn't picked up a pencil to draw in years, and now his art teacher expected the class to draw something or someone that meant something to them; not only that, they even had to explain why it was meaningful to them. Despite his best efforts, he struggled to come up with something to draw, leaving him feeling frustrated and unsure.

He took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and sought to quiet his thoughts, hoping to find the spark of inspiration for his drawing. Unexpectedly, he found himself sketching away without even realizing it.

For nearly half an hour, Sebastian became completely absorbed in his drawing, unaware of anyone's presence until someone spoke up.

"Your drawing is beautiful," they said

Sebastian found himself completely caught off guard when a girl approached him while he was deeply engrossed in his drawing. Startled, he blinked a few times to refocus his attention on the girl standing at his table, who was fixated on his artwork. To his surprise, he recognized her as the same girl he had accidentally bumped into before, causing himself embarrassment. If he remembered correctly, her name was Miley. Trying to regain his composure, he mustered a hesitant response, "T-T-Thanks."

Miley smiled warmly, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. "I'm not sure if you remember me. I'm Miley, the girl who made a fool of herself by not looking where she was going."