iii. an aborted mission

Start from the beginning

They looked familiar to her but she couldn't quite put her finger on it, or maybe her mind was playing jokes on her but she could've sworn she saw them somewhere before. She pushed the thought to the back of her mind for the time being, she had other priorities.

"You have an awful sense of direction", a husky voice came from behind her. She internally cursed herself for taking so long.

"Yeah...", she turned around and immediately as she did so, Wriothesley squatted down and patted the tea stain with a damp towel.

Y/n's eyes widened slightly in surprise. She just couldn't understand it. Why he insisted on offering his acts of kindness to her...it kinda made it hard for her to hate him.

She swatted his hand away. "It's okay, I'll sort it out when I get home", she voiced.

"You sure?", with a head tilt and soft facial features, his eyebrows scrunched up as he looked up at her.

Y/n felt her face get warm, averting her face to the side. His eyes were so genuine that it made her feel bad for continuously giving him the cold the shoulder.

"I...I'm gonna go now", she blurted, taking a few steps back before Wriothesley stood to his full height and nodded towards the window.

"It's pouring rain".

She groaned. Was the universe trying to play some sort of cliche trick on her? The one where the male lead offers one of his shirts to the female lead with an abundance of tension following shortly after?

Not on her watch.

"I'll text Navia to pick me up", Y/n thought she deserved a pat on the back for coming up with that solution so quickly. A brisk text to Navia asking for a lift from her 'friend's' house and she had successfully avoided what could've been the worst day of her life.

She rubbed Cerberus' head softly. "Don't worry boy, I won't give up just yet", she spoke under her breath. There was always another day. But man was this day a complete waste of her time!

———————————

"Navia's here....thank you for the tea", I mean it was common courtesy. She couldn't just leave without saying anything. "It was...mediocre".

"I'll take it", it was better than the vile words she used to tell of her hatred for tea the other day.

Y/n opened the door to see herself out. She turned her head around. "Don't follow me out", she forewarned. If Navia saw that her so called 'friend' was the person she hated the most, she would never hear the end of it not to mention the embarrassment she'd feel.

Wriothesley raised a brow, a grin playing on his lips. "Why? Are you embarrassed of me?", he teased.

Y/n rolled her eyes so dramatically that Wriothesley thought they'd get stuck looking up at the ceiling. Y/n deemed her eye roll as a good enough answer. She didn't need to give any further explanation.

The woman ran towards the car as to avoid getting drenched from the rain and closed the car door after her.

"Thanks for getting me", Y/n thanked Navia who punched her shoulder playfully. Y/n hummed in sheer confusion and averted her gaze to where Navia was looking.

Wriothesley who stood at the entrance of his home with the front door slightly ajar, gave a closed-eye smile and a wave to the two women.

Y/n's eyebrow twitched involuntarily and she massaged her temples. "Navia, please start driving", she had enough of the man and his antics to last her a life time.

Technically, he never followed her outside as per her demand, yet he still was able to find a way to embarrass her. He knew damn well what he was doing.

Forget the genuine eyes bullshit, it was simply a moment of weakness. He still pisses her off.

A/N: everywhere ive said wrestler, i meant boxer (i edited the chapters so far but in case i missed any) just found out they're not the same thing 💀

Make sure to vote and have a great day/ peaceful night

Word count: 1686 words
Date: 3/12/23
           (D/M/Y)