iii. an aborted mission

Start from the beginning

Y/n sat on the island swivel chair as Wriothesley began to work his magic. It was uncanny really. The way he was able to focus so intensely and handle the ingredients so carefully as if he were an old lady preparing a fresh homemade pie.

It didn't suit his appearance. Y/n's eyes glanced at his forearms adorned with scars, his downturn eyes and his multiple ear piercings.

Anyone who would cross paths with Wriothesley would automatically assume he fought people for fun in his spare time...which wasn't quite off the mark but still.

It was strange but at least he was good at it. She just hoped it wasn't all for show and that it actually tasted good.

"Can you make it warm, I'm not really in the mood for a hot drink", that was a lie, she didn't want to scald herself while carrying out her 'master plan' in her words.

"That's really strange".

"And your tea infatuation isn't?".

"Not in the slightest, no".

I mean really. If she was jealous of his talent she could've just said that. Wriothesley huffed.

"I suppose you wouldn't understand. Not everyone is as gifted as me", he spoke sarcastically as he puffed out his chest in pride.

"Put a sock in it", Y/n tapped her finger against the island impatiently. "Are you nearly done?".

As soon as the question left her lips, Wriothesley placed the tea cup in front of the woman and folded his arms against the island.

"Try it and at least say something nice about it this time", have mercy on his poor poor heart.

The woman picked up the cup and placed it near her lips, letting the sweet aroma perfuse her senses. She took a sip and hummed to herself.

"Well?", an eager Wriothesley questioned.

"Let the taste marinate on my tongue first", she shook her head. Intentionally, the woman missed her lips for a second taste, the liquid splattering onto her sweater.

There was a pregnant pause before she uttered "Oops..".

"Well that's not good", Wriothesley stated the obvious while he looked for something to clean it up with.

Y/n shook her hands in front of her chest in dismissal. "It's okay, just point me in the direction of your bathroom", she had to hide the grin that was just itching to slither onto her lips.

As if she were a local in his home, he said "Down the hall, first door on the right", thank goodness she wasn't actually planning on going to the bathroom or else she would've surely got lost with those vague directions.

She nodded her head and exited the room.

She tiptoed through they long hallway as if she were some sort of spy, keeping an eye out for the small puppy.

And as if the universe read her mind, she sighted the dog who was nudging a small rubber ball with his nose.

Y/n completely gushed out with silent aw's at the simple gestures of the husky.

"Here boy", she whispered as she crouched down and placed her two hands in front of her. The dog lifted his head up to see who exactly was disturbing his playtime which cause the rubber ball to roll into the slightly agape room on the left.

Instead of paying any attention to the woman crouched down before him, Cerberus followed his beloved ball which he'd known for much longer than the woman herself.

Y/n felt slightly defeated but shuffled closer to the dog either way.

Upon coming closer to the room in which Cerberus scurried into, the first thing her eyes took notice of amongst other things were the three unique paintings which rested on the floor and perched against the wall.