MONDSTADT | Continuation

Start from the beginning

That tune he'd played; she couldn't get it out of her head. Every time she would hum to a tune it would always end up being that one song. At this point, she thought she was crazy and ultimately took time out of her day to search for him and to spend time for herself.

She wasn't an experienced adventurer so she was cautious with where she went, only following the path out of Mondstadt. She never left the paths, only ever going to the large tree at Windrise and Springvale. Only rarely did she ever go to the lone Statue of the Seven surrounded by the small pond.

At this moment she opted for the large tree. It was a vast field with quiet winds and a peaceful atmosphere. Somewhere perfect to clear her head.

A sigh escaped her as she approached the large tree. With privacy and no monsters around; besides the hilichurl camp in the distance...all was still. She knew a bit of Hilichurlian...enough to at least buy her some time to escape if they were to try to attack her.

The woman placed her hand on the base of the tree and looked up. This was a bad idea...but she was going to do it. Up...and up! She started climbing the tree. She'd done this plenty of times when she was a child and yet...why did she stop? Was it simply that becoming an adult hindered her from doing things that she loved?

Gripping the side of the large part of the tree where the branches outstretched she hauled herself up; deep in thought.

But why did I forget?

"Be careful, miss! You might slip off if you do that!" A cheerful voice chirped on a branch nearby. The same bright green-colored clothing. A harp. The same bard.

What luck she may have but at the same time, perhaps this wasn't the greatest time to be praising Lady Luck because the moment she gives she can take away...and that's what she did. Maybe it was a lack of upper body strength but her fingers slipped in a painful way causing her to his and instinctively retract her hand.

The last thing she saw was the bard's wide eyes and a hand reaching out to her but he was too far to even grab her.

Then there was an abrupt gust of wind; not uncommon for Windrise. But this was different from a 'simple' wind. Within that wind came the beautiful sound of a harp and before she knew it there was no need to fear hitting the ground.

"My, my, what beautiful eyes could be as wispy as the sky? Could it be? Are we truly meant to be?" He teased as he gracefully floated to the ground, the wind lowered her along with him. "It seems I already have you falling for me~!"

She was too stunned to speak, blinking repeatedly before spotting an Anemo Vision on his person. A hand was gestured towards her, offering her help. She took it and dusted herself off right after.

"I'm so sorry--I didn't know you were there. I didn't mean to trouble you this much." She apologized. The bard gave an energetic chuckle and shook his head.

"Your apology is great enough, it was nothing, nothing at all! Had I allured you that much with just a simple song?" He peered at her, curious of her answer.

"So you know I was looking for you?"

"Oh, the winds whisper many things, [name]!" She was stunned that he already knew her name, he already knew she was here about the song.

"Then...what should I call you? Unless you want me to call you 'bard' for the rest of the time we may see each other." She decided to ask this. It wasn't a very pressuring question just something to get the ball rolling. His eyes sparkled with some form of joy. He stood there was a smile on his lips that gave her a bad feeling.

"Venti the Bard! you may call me Venti."

DILUC

It's been two nights since [name] met the man named Diluc. Two nights that, surprisingly, his name had no meaning to her. Maybe it was because he didn't exactly leave an impression on her, only that he happened to show up at the right time in a dangerous situation.