Week Three, Monday

Start from the beginning

    And it seems that she’s perfectly set up, thanks to her newfound popularity.

    She feels content, knowing that Kokona will be happier by the time the week is over.

-----

    Lunch arrives, and so does Kizano.

    He sits down with the group, complaining that sitting on the floor is, “Beneath someone like him.” Ayano can’t tell if it was a pun or not. She doesn’t know if she should ask.

    Kokona gives Ayano that look again, but at this point Ayano has stopped caring. Kokona is just a fangirl, and Ayano has bigger things to worry about.

    Like keeping the fangirl happy by getting her dad out of debt.

    As lunch passes, Ayano sees that another one of Musume’s girls walk by, lingering when she notices that two club leaders are sitting with Ayano.

    Ayano quickly asks who the girl is, and watches as Hoshiko walks away, typing on her phone. No doubt, the texts are to Musume’s little gang.

    Kizano seems annoyed by the presence of Hoshiko, which surprises Ayano. She figured that a drama king like him would love all attention. Clearly not. 

Ayano likes that she was wrong.

The bell rings for lunch to end. Osano and Kizano walk on either side of Ayano as they all walk into class 2-1. Kizano sits in the seat in front of Ayano now. 

Class goes by slowly, and Ayano watches Kizano as he scribbles down play ideas and cross most of them out. Finally, he leaves a few uncrossed, but he seems stumped on which play to choose. It’s interesting to watch, but eventually Kizano starts listening to the teacher again and stops messing with the paper.

When class ends, Kizano groans miserably. “Ayano!” He cries, turning to her. “I can’t figure out which play to do, and I want to start auditions tomorrow!”

Ayano just shrugs. “Why not ask the other members to vote? Kokona said that you guys all vote, anyways?”

Kizano looks at her like she just told him the answer to life. “You’re a genius, darling!” He beams down at her. “We’ll do that as soon as we get to the Drama Room.”

Ayano shakes her head at that. “I’m heading to the Cooking Club today, sorry. I can’t keep ditching them in the afternoons.”

Kizano pouts at that. “Well, you’re still going tomorrow?”

Ayano nods. “Of course, I won’t miss auditions.”

“Fine. Enjoy your baking.” He walks off to help clean.

“I’ll try to bring you something,” Ayano calls after him as she picks up the trash can to take out.

“You better!”

The delinquents look at Ayano oddly as she walks passed them to the incinerator. She dumps the trash in and walks away.

She’s almost inside when she hears, “Isn’t that the drama girl?” She keeps walking, but keeps the thought that the delinquents go to plays in mind. That’s...interesting.

Osano openly smiles at her when they head into the Cooking Room together. Amao is just as excited to see her. 

Club time is enjoyable, and Saki makes treats for the group to enjoy as everyone else sits at the table, just talking.

Ayano manages to bring one to Kizano, who sighs dramatically about how he was betrayed that she left him. She still sees the smile on his face, so the act is ruined. Ayano just giggles and returns to her other club.

When club time ends, Osano, Amao, and Ayano finish cleaning while the others leave. It’s pleasant, with banter going between the two boys. Ayano takes the moment to relax, smiling softly.

Then the moment is over, and all three of them head down to meet up with Taro. Everyone else is already gone.

The walk home is silent, and Ayano waves goodbye before shutting her door. She listens to the footsteps as they go away.

It’s been a good day.

Hopefully, the days only improve from here on out.

Notes:

>:D

I hope you enjoy the introduction of a certain new student. We'll see him more in the future~

1116 words.