10 - power couple

nezuko looked beside her to see you flushed while looking at muichiro. "oh?~ does someone have a little crush~"

you stared at her in shock. "wh-...WHAAAAT??!"

nezuko giggled at her response. y/n just scoffed, "nezuko, you're delusional. why in the world would i stoop that low? there's no way-"

"okay everyone! it's time to prepare for the next event! it will be a tug of water tournament between each team, and there will be multiple rounds to see who is the winner," one of the teachers announced, causing nezuko to pull you to gather around the rest of your teammates.

your team gathered around before heading to your side of the field, everyone lining up against the rope. your team leader suggested an order based on strengths, "spreading out our strongest members between everyone else will make sure that we have an equal amount of strength pulling on all parts of our rope."

you stood where the leader had told you to go, relaxing your muscles and making sure that your leg was okay before putting on some gloves and touching the rope. you payed no mind to your other teammates around you, opting to just do your best for your team.

then, when the whistle blew, everyone put in their best effort to pull the rope. you couldn't see what was happening up front, but you suspected that your team was losing from how the rope was slipping forward. with a sense of determination, you felt your teammates put in extra strength, pulling the rope extra hard and having a comeback as you finally felt the other team loose their grip.

as the rope moved backwards towards your team rapidly, signifying your victory, you felt your legs loose balance from the sudden release of tension. you fell backwards as the rope grew loose, and expecting to hit the ground, you were surprised to feel your fall broken by someone behind you.

you were practically sitting in their lap on the floor, your hand on their thigh in an attempt to find balance. you gasped and looked behind you, "i'm so sor-"

your expression turned into one of fury and surprise as you saw that it was muichiro, who you had fell on top of, and who had been standing behind you the whole time.

muichiro looked up at you as you regained your balance standing up. "oh."

you got up, pressing your hand on his thigh causing him to groan in pain. "w-watch where you're standing idiot!" muichiro scowled, also standing back up, "watch where you're falling, dingus."

you were still flustered from your fall, groaning and leaving the scene to find nezuko, 'damn it...'

"great work everyone! we will be taking a break for lunch before we have our afternoon event!" you heard the announcement playing on the speakers, letting everyone know that it was time for lunch. "let's go meet up with everyone, i'm so hungry!" nezuko pulled you along to the cafeteria, helping you forget how flustered you were from falling on muichiro.

౨ৎ⟡⊹₊ ⋆

"the last and final event of the sports festival will be the costume race! each person will have to pick a bag that has a costume in it and then go change in one of the small tents. after changing, they can run to the finish line! do your best to pick a costume that's easy to change into!"

your team huddled up, discussing who would be participating in the event. "i'll do it. i haven't participated in many of the events because i got injured, but this one won't be too hard for me," you volunteered since this was the easiest event in the entire festival.

"muichiro, you can take a break from this one since you did all of the running events," one of your teammates stated.

with a newfound determination after hearing that you would be participating, muichiro shook his head, "no. i want to do this one too." you looked back at him as he said that. he met your expression with a smirk that said "this will be our rematch race." you returned his smirk with a small scoff, showing him your desire to win in your eyes.

the two of you lined up at the starting line. "on your marks... get set... go!" at the sound of the signal to go, everyone ran to the bags of clothes, feeling around the outside of the bags to find a good costume to change into. you picked out a bag along with muichiro, the two of you racing to the tents.

you quickly put on the costume, not caring about what it was and jumped out of the tent. at the same time, muichiro also came out of his tent. the two of you looked at each other. he looked at you up and down, his eyes widening. you were both in matching costumes, muichiro dressed as a swordsman and you were dressed as a swordswoman.

muichiro slightly flushed at the sight of you in a costume that fitted nicely on you and complimented your features perfectly. he quickly snapped out of his thoughts as you ran past him, heading towards the finish line.

the two of you were neck and neck, though, someone was in front of the two of you. in front of the two of you, a boy in a boar head mask crossed the finish line. he cheered out loud and continued to brag about it until removing his mask.

"first place goes to inosuke hashibira! second place is a tie between y/n l/n and muichiro tokito!"

you and muichiro panted beside each other, but also groaned at hearing that it ended as a tie between the two of you. meanwhile, the crowd was swooning at the two of you.

"y/n you're so beautiful! please marry me!"

"muichiro~ look this way!"

you were slightly startled at the comments while muichiro remained calm. he was used to it, after all with his fanclub and everything. then, one particular comment caught the two of you off guard.

"what an adorable power couple!"

a/n
inspired by the costume race in maid sama if yall know that anime! i also just wanted to have muichiro wear his hashira uniform hehe.

hater || m. tokitoOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara