IX. POISONOUS ENEMIES

Start from the beginning

"Outside" Barristan said and Daenerys nodded. "Call upon him" she said as Barristan nodded, they walked to the main hall where their throne stood upon the small pyramid with small waterfalls on the sides, Missandei stood with Daenerys as Aegon stood with Rhaenya while Grey Worm stood a level lower, sword in hand before he was joined by ser Barristan as Jorah walked to them. Until he almost reached Grey Worm and Barristan who stopped him from going further.

"Why did the Usurper pardon you?" Daenerys asked, looking to Jorah. His hands have been behind his back as he raised his head, looking to Daenerys. "If we could speak alone" Jorah said looking at one of the Queens. "No, speak to me here" she said, her voice soft, a part of her did not believe what she had read in the pardon, she could not phantom ser Jorah who had been by their sides since she had wed Khal Drogo and Viserys had hired him as a sworn sword. "Explain it to me" Daenerys said as Rhaenya could not bear to look at Jorah, if it had been true, it had never been her fault, like she assumed, when she did not conceive.

"Who do you think sent this to Meereen? Who profits?" Jorah said avoiding the question which drove Rhaenya mad. "This is the work of Tywin Lannister; he wants to divide us" Jorah explained as he looked to the queens. "If we're fighting each other, we are not fighting him" Jorah said as he looked to Daenerys. "The pardon was signed the year we met, ser Jorah" Daenerys said as she looked to him. "Why were you pardoned? Unless you are saying this document was forged" Daenerys said as her tone became harsher. "It is not forged" Jorah said through somewhat gritted teeth as he looked at the Queens, the sudden angry roars shook the pyramid as Jorah dreaded to know which one of the beasts had become angry.

"I sent letters to Varys, the spymaster of King's Landing" Jorah said as he looked defeated no longer able to avoid the question Daenerys had asked plenty of times already. "What was the content of these letters?" Daenerys said as she looked at Jorah, swallowing thickly as she felt sick to think he had been betraying them all this time. "Information" Jorah said. "What information?" Daenerys quickly asked back as she kept staring at Jorah. Aegon stepped closer, as if to ready himself to fight the old knight. "When the both of you, and Viserys arrived in Pentos" Jorah said as she looked angry with him now. "His plan to marry you to Khal Drogo and his own plan to wed Rhaenya, when you were finally married" Jorah said before his voice drifted off.

"And?" Rhaenya said finally speaking up as her eyes raged fury. "When Viserys died" Jorah said as he fell silent again. "Did you tell him I was carrying Drogo's child? When Rhaenya carried Viserys?" she demanded as Daenerys eyes spewed its own flames. "I—" Jorah said. "Yes or no" Daenerys demanded. "Khaleesi" Jorah tried. "Do not call me that" she spat before she stood up as Rhaenya looked on, Aegon walked beside Daenerys his hand on Blackfyre as he stared down Jorah. "Did you tell them or not?" Daenerys demanded and Jorah looked down. "Yes" Jorah said defeated.

"That wine merchant who tried to poison me, because of your information" Daenerys said when Aegon raised Blackfyre to Jorah's throat. "I stopped you from drinking it" Jorah said. "Because you knew it was poisoned" Daenerys said before Rhaenya stood up as well. "The remedy you gave me, to help with my morning sickness?" Rhaenya demanded to know looking to Jorah as Aegon looked from her back to the old Knight. "I—" Jorah said looking down. "You were the one to poison it" she said as she felt hot tears stream down her face in anger as she looked to him. Daenerys looked to her sister, remembered how cruel Viserys had been and how awful he was after. Her cries and tear stained face still clear on her mind as she remembered how Viserys demanded another child from her as soon as she had recovered, which had been far too fast.

"You betrayed us" Daenerys said as Aegon dug the broadsword further into his neck, drawing a small line of blood. "From the first" Daenerys said and Jorah dropped to his knees, not caring his neck had been bleeding as he fell before her. "Forgive me" he cried out. "I never meant—" Jorah cried out, his voice on the verge of breaking. "Never meant what?" Aegon demanded then, looking to the knight. "To betray the true Heirs? To kill House Targaryen?" he demanded as he stepped closer to the knight. "Please Khaleesi" Jorah said, raising his head, looking past Aegon to Daenerys. "You sold our secrets to the man who killed our brother and plotted the death of our father and stole our brother's throne" she said as she looked to the ceiling in disbelief, she could not bear to look at Jorah.