○one○

●"Bro, we have to get down there." Lo'ak and Neteyam were currently hovering over a chaotic battle scene. Their father was leading a raid against the sky people.

"No way! Dad will skin us." They had strict orders to stay in their positions and keep an eye out on anything in the sky.

Lo'ak scoffed and went to reply when an arrow with red and yellow feathers flew over his head. He watched, curiously, the way it broke through the air until it landed into a demon ship.

He looked around wildly for the girl he knew was close by. And there she was.

An older Nîryni flew gracefully up and down the warzone with her bow in hand. Her face was painted similar to that of the boy himself. A yellow line went across her nose. Lo'ak had made it a habit to paint it as a silent claim that she was his.

Around her neck was a necklace consisting of those same feathers attached to her arrows. It connected to her top that covered just what was necessary.

He watched the way her face scrunched up in annoyance of not hitting her target. Her muscles flexed as she pulled back another poison laced arrow and aimed again.

The teen boy silently rooted for her and when he saw the arrow go straight through the pilot's chest he beamed with pride.

"Atta girl!"

It felt like time slowed down when she looked back at him over her shoulder with a grin. They locked eyes for no more than a second and Lo'ak couldn't believe how beautiful she looked in her element. This was his first time seeing her in action and he knew the moment would be on replay in his head for a while.

She then went back to her position, following after Neytiri who had yelped for her to stay close.

Lo'ak look over at his brother, "See even Nîryni gets to have some action."

"Sorry to break it to you bro but she's been vouched for even by mom." It was true. Neytiri had recognized the girl's skill and accuracy using a bow and offered to train her. Now she was brimming with talent and able to showcase it at a moment's notice. Her dad also welcomed the idea of having her working closely with him. He knew her talent shouldn't be left to waste.

Lo'ak was a little bit annoyed by the fact his bEsT fRiEnD was able to actively engage with the enemy but he was made to be a spotter.

That's why he decided to prove his own skills.

"Come on, don't be a wuss." He taunted his brother then dived down into the action.

And as always Neteyam followed after him.

Nîryni had a bad feeling about today. This wasn't her first raid but something in the air made her nauseous.

She looked around to spot her dad who was on the ground. They weren't working together today so she probably wouldn't see him until after they returned home later on.

Her keen eyes eventually landed on the two brothers and she rolled her eyes. They literally had just one job and couldn't do it.

Against her better judgment she dove down and landed close by to them.

"What the hell are you two doing down here?" Her eyes narrowed on the gun being held in Lo'ak's hands. It made her nervous to see him wield such a weapon he most likely had never used.

"Your boyfriend here is trying to get himself killed." Neteyam sounded more irritated than anything.

Nîryni glared at Lo'ak and he sheepishly smiled at her in return. Neither denied the title Neteyam had used.