I considered it. I'd be doing the worst thing in the world to me, hurting her, but it would cause the best thing I could imagine. She'd be able to stay with me forever.

"I don't know if I have any venom. I could try."

Now that I had it in my head, I did want to be the one.

"Would you have to drink my blood?"

I gently lifted her chin so that I could see what she thought of that. Her expression seemed to be mixed.

"It's not a requirement. Would you want me to?"

"Kind of," she admitted.

I laughed softly.

"Do you want to...drink it?" she asked.

Of course I did, but I was able to keep it on the back burner.

"Would it bother you if I did?"

"That's too many questions in a row!" she said, poking me in the stomach.

"Okay, okay. Yeah, I do want to," I said, feeling a little embarrassed.

"If that really bothered me, I wouldn't be here," she assured me.

Relieved, I held her closer and breathed her in.

"You do smell delicious, in more ways than one."

I pressed my lips to her neck, feeling her blood pulse.

"You have to be positive about this," I reminded her.

She had learned enough about my family by now that she knew how much her life would change, how much she would change.

"I am...but will it hurt?"

I couldn't lie to her.

"Yeah."

"A lot?"

"Yeah."

"I want to stay with you. It will be worth it."

I was glad she thought so, but from what I heard she probably wouldn't when she was going through it.

I lifted her by her hips and turned her around so that she was straddling me. I needed to be looking right at her when I brought up the one possible deal breaker.

"What about Daisy?"

She squinted, deep in thought.

"I would hope that she'd want to stay with us, that she would want to change too."

"You know she can't do it until she's older, right?"

I'd never explained the immortal children to her. I would eventually, but that was something that of course couldn't happen.

"I know, she'd never grow up then, right? When she's mature enough, we'll just have to let her decide for herself. When she's at least eighteen."

"What if she doesn't want to? What if you have to watch her grow old?"

It wouldn't be right of me to not encourage her to fully explore all the realities of this.

"That might be hard, but assuming she lives a nice long life I'll get to be with her for all of it. Not all moms get to do that. Yeah, it might not all be good times, but that's just more time I'll get to spend with her."

I smiled at my love.

"I think that's a good way to look at it."

"Wow. All that time with you two," she said grinning.