Chapter Nine

Spyro and Cynder woke up to the smell of food cooking. Spyro recognized the smell as a recipe that his mother used to make. They heard Nina and Mary chatting from the kitchen. Spyro looked at Cynder, and kissed her. They stayed like this for a long time, embracing each other tightly as they kissed. After a while, they got up and walked out to the living room.

"Good morning you two" Flash said as they entered "How did you sleep?"

"Pretty good" Spyro answered.

"A literal army of maildragons came by and left a massive number of packages. We left them in the nest room for you." Jake told them

"Another pile of mail?" Spyro asked

"You should have seen the one they left for Michael; it was twice the size of yours" Flash told them

"The mail came by yesterday?" Cynder asked

"Oh, I forgot to give you your stack. He handed me a massive bag and I discovered that I get fanmail now" Spyro explained

"Well of course you do, you hero" Cynder bumped his hips with hers.

Just then, Nina and Mary walked out of the kitchen. Mary carrying a few dishes to the table.

"Breakfast is ready" Nina called

The children rushed to the table and started eating. The rest of the group talked as they ate.

"This is really good" Cynder exclaimed, devouring her plate.

"Thanks, it's my own personal recipe" Nina told her

"I thought I recognized the smell" Spyro smiled "I remember eating this on my birthdays"

"Well, this is a very special occasion, you're getting mated tomorrow!" Nina exclaimed happily.

The group finished their meal, and the dragonflies left to explore the city. The four dragons started opening the pile of mail.

"When did you get home" Spyro asked Mary

"Around two in the morning" she answered "I nearly woke up the whole house with my clumsiness"

"How was the trip?" Spyro opened a pouch and poured out a pile of amethyst crystals

"Well, we found your uncles, but they weren't too willing to talk to Michael. They were aggressive at first, so I had to step in and yell at them for a solid hour. Eventually I convinced them to come to your ceremony. They are currently staying in the fortress; we can go meet them later. We looked for Jade for a long time but found no trace of her." She explained, inspecting a bracelet she pulled from another pouch. "We tried, but neither Sam, nor James knew where she was."

"That's okay, maybe I can try to find her sometime" he replied

"I would love to see her again; it's been a long time" She sighed

"Did Michael ever find any of my family" Cynder asked

"He told me he found two of your aunts and only one uncle, and he told them about you. He said that they should be coming today, but they might skip it, they don't like being in public after the whole Malefor thing." Mary explained "Even though I doubt anybody will recognize them"

Cynder sighed "I hope they decide to attend"

"I hope so too" Mary replied

Suddenly Spyro pulled a fire core out of a box, everybody looked at it for a moment, then laughed.

"Who would send you that?" Jake asked

"I have no clue" He turned the core over "But I guess they want me to have one"