"Yeah, I was trained by the same ones that gave him experience" Cynder said, blushing "Then we fought, and I gave him the rest"

Spyro picked up his sword and put it in his storage, then started eating his lunch. After the kids were done playing. Jake packed up and the group returned to the square. When they got there, they went inside and relaxed in the living room. Then ember popped her head through the front door.

"Hey, your stylist is here and wants to check your armor" she said

"Let her in, I'll show her" Cynder replied, then led the stylist into her study.

"Things ramping up" Jake asked Spyro

"Yeah, I guess Michael went to hunt down Cynder's aunts and uncles today" He answered

"What about Jade, Sam, and James?" Mary asked "I haven't seen them since our ceremony"

"Michael sent a message out to them, but hasn't heard anything back. He said he wanted to go and find them after he gets back" Spyro answered

"I think I should go with them; it might make convincing them easier." Mary replied

"That sounds like a good idea" Spyro said, looking out the window at the sunset.

Outside, a portal appeared, and Michael appeared through it. He sighed and cracked his neck, then he walked into his house and sat down at his study. He projected a communication with his general

"Do you have a status report?" Michael asked

"Affirmative" the general answered. "The forces you called arrived in Bermutha this morning, they are awaiting orders. Some scouts have detected an increased amount of dark magic activity in some of the dark zones. Also there have been some rumors of a void dragon being spotted somewhere on the Endo Homeworld."

"Dispatch some hunters to find him, monitor all portals. We may need his help in this fight. Anything else?"

"Two more things; first, we found a stash of fear cores on Preo, were working on finding the source, but we have found no leads. Second, we have begun the reactivation of Demos, its factories are set to be up and running tomorrow"

"Get the element cannons produced from those factories to Genrir, they're needed in Warfang. Send 40 of the new fortresses to the Catar outpost, make sure they are on high alert because they will be the front line if there is an all-out attack. I can see that the Demos only has a few defenses, so send 15 fortresses. Finally, send an order out to Preo, make sure those fear cores are destroyed so they can't be reacquired and used against us" Michael ended the communication.

Michael got up and looked out the window into the square, he saw that lights were still on across the street at Spyro and Cynder's house. He watched as the stylist exited the house and flew off, then he turned and went to bed.

Back in his house, Spyro was in bed waiting for Cynder to join him. After a few minutes, he heard the stylist leave and watched as Cynder snuck into the room.

"I'm still awake" he said, making Cynder jump

"Oh, good" Cynder replied, jumping into the bed with a sigh

"I wanted to talk to you" Spyro said, curling around her

"About?"

"Us, I wanted to talk about us. Things have been moving so fast after Michael woke us up, and he seems to be doing this on purpose"

"Why would he do that?" Cynder craned her neck to look at him

"Well, he has been saying that the Dark Authority has been growing again, and that it has done this before. I think he has been rushing things so that we don't have to wait to do them after the war."