Instigators (part 1)

Start from the beginning

He sniffled and wiped his nose as he let go. "Thank you Lance, I really needed that", he softly. Smiled as he wiped his tears. "No problem bud, like I said, I'm always here for you. No matter what", I squeezed his shoulder before we checked out and headed back to the truck. I handed Keith the aux chord and gave him control of the radio. Hopefully that would make him feel a bit better. And I will admit, he music taste actually isn't horrible. To make sure he was feeling better, instead of letting him go off to bed to be alone with his thoughts, i asked him to help me pack the car. I know how overwhelming that cane be at times. I deal with t myself more often than not. We packed everything in the bed of the truck and covered everything with a tarp to ensure that nothing blows away. By about eleven we were finally ready to head to bed.

...............Another time skip :)..................

When I woke up in the morning, I found Keith and Pidge wide awake talking on the porch. They seemed to be deep in conversation. So why not give them a little scare, like old times. I tiptoed behind their backs and slowly placed my face in between their shoulders. "Come her to rock out?", Keith almost punch me and Pidge head butted me. "Ow Lance! It doesn't hurt any less the second time", she rubbed her forehead. "The second time?", Keith asked confused. We had to explain to him what happened before we found him and Shiro in the med bay that day. "But anyway, were you guys enjoying the sunset, it's beautiful isn't it?".

"It is very beautiful, you get to enjoy this everyday?", Keith mumbled as he seemed to be in a trance. Pidge and I slightly smiled at him before we headed back inside to get some drinks. We all enjoyed some coffee on the front porch, sitting on the swinging bench as we waited for everyone else to get ready.

After about an hour we were all on our way. I drove of course because I know the way by heart. Shiro was in the passenger seat, Hunk behind me, Pidge in the middle back, and Keith behind Shiro. Like the cuties they are, the oblivious dorks nitpicked and giggled almost the whole ride. That is until Pidge's insomnia caught up with her. She fell asleep with her head on Keith's lap, and her legs on Hunks'. Hunk was also passed out, no so gracefully. With his head against the window, and drawl on his chin.Keith was simply just playing on his phone, and sneaking pictures of them. He doesn't know I saw him, but i sure will tease him for it late, i'll make sure of that. We finally reached our destination after around 5 hours. We only stopped once cause Hunk had to pee.

When we arrived, everyone immediately woke up and excitedly gathered their things from the bed of the truck. Hunk and Shiro gathered the food while Keith and I Grabbed their bags, the blankets, floaties, and picnic supplies. We sent Pidge off to find us a good open spot. She excitedly ran off and started searching. I elbowed Keith as I saw him smiling and watching Pidge as she ran around with a smile on her face. I smirked as he looked towards me. He turned pink as he rubbed the back of his neck and looked at the ground.

After everybody set up and got dressed, Hunk and I set up the picnic at a near by picnic table. We also threw a few things on the grill. We grilled Kara-age, hot dogs, and Cubans. We used the fire pit to warm up some Spanish chorizo. Last night the kitchen was very busy and crowded. Hunk made homemade Pani popo, Pidge and Keith helped each other make homemade Lemon Pine Nut Biscotti, which is an Italian desert, and Texas styled mason jar lemonade. We tried to make a single dish from each ethnicity so we can try it all out. Shiro made his Kara-age, which is fried chicken, and Hunk made Pani popo or coconut rolls. I made a few Cubanos for everyone to enjoy. That's the Cuban version of Panini bread sandwiches.

While we set that up Shiro, Keith, and Pidge went off to swim. Shiro floated around in a pink flamingo floaty, and Pidge floated around with a small green inner tube around her waist. Shiro and Pidge ganged up on Keith and started splashing him nonstop. Poor guy hardly had a second to breath. After a few minutes, he swam under the water and tipped Shiro off of his floaty. This caused and even bigger slashing war. Eventually they all got tired and walked back up to lay on the towels. Just in time too, cause all the food was done.