'The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.' - Aristotle

﹒>2 days later . . .<﹒

Belobog did not have a positive reaction towards the IPC's arrival and new rules. Much hate came towards Topaz, and from where she stood, things might go south, even with the hundreds of workers she had with her. 

As she walked around the Central Plaza, she couldn't help but notice the posters of Eri almost everywhere. Was she truly that loved around here?

She felt a strange aura, as if it were following her. For reassurance, she took her earpiece's microphone closer to her mouth before saying: 'Could someone closeby guard me, please?'

It may be foolish, but she has to stay safe anywhere, doesn't she?

Anyway-... Once her worker- or guard came around, the aura... got stronger? What is going on?

She glanced over at the shops and the people, is anything happening, or is anyone watching her? Before she could continue walking, she saw someone-

﹒>THUD!!!<﹒

To the ground she fell. She didn't have time to react to what was happening, but within a few seconds, her guard was calling back-up for the situation, as he pulled an aggressive man off of her.

Everyone who stood by watched as chaos unfolded at the scenes. One of her workers helped her get up as another inspected if she had any wounds that had been inflicted, but nothing was of emergency. A gun was being held to the head of the man who had attacked her.

"Permission to shoot, boss?", the worker holding the gun to the man's head asked. Would she really allow this in front of this huge crowd of people? She quickly shook her head, preventing the murder from happening. She couldn't ruin her reputation in Belobog just like that.

"Send him towards the Everwinter Hill base. I'd like 2 guards here for now. If he resists or attacks any of you, then I grant you permission to shoot." She nodded slightly, before turning around again, but who is watching? None other than her only friend among all enemies, ...

"Miss Clifford, how nice it is to see you again!" Topaz greeted, ignoring the situation that just took place. Eri was... quite surprised at how she handled the ambush from that person. 

"Topaz... are you okay? That was quite a situation." Eri remarked, her worry evident in her eyes as she approached the IPC senior manager.

Topaz gave Eri a reassuring smile, despite the lingering tension in the air. "I'm fine, thank you for asking. It's not the first time I've encountered some hostility in my line of work. But I must say, it's much more pleasant to see a friendly face in the midst of all this chaos." 

Eri returned the smile, impressed by Topaz's composure. "You certainly handled the situation well. Not everyone would have shown such restraint. But let's not dwell on that for now. What brings you here?"

"Right now? Nothing much... Just exploring, you know?" Topaz's calm-and-collected personality was definitely to Eri's taste. "How about we walk around together? You know, explore.. together? i'm sure you could be of help."

"Oh, that would be lovely. I'd love to be of assistance. Follow me, I'll show you everything that'll be perfect to your likings!" Eri seemed to be more open towards the IPC worker now, despite them only knowing each other for a mere few days.

The two women walked away from the commotion, seeking a quieter place to talk. As they strolled through the streets that Eri had known all her life. Eri shared her own perspective on Belobog. She explained how the people here cherished their independence and were wary of outsiders, including the IPC.

"Perhaps," Eri suggested, "it might be helpful to involve some of the locals in the decision-making process. It could help bridge the gap and show that you respect their values and contributions."

Topaz found herself nodding in agreement. "That's a great idea, actually! We've been focusing on diplomacy from a corporate standpoint, but I think involving the community in the decisions that affect them could be a significant step toward resolving the tension."

Eri smiled at Topaz, appreciating her willingness to listen and adapt. "I'm here to assist in any way I can. My influence might help smooth things over and build bridges between the IPC and the people of Belobog. Let's work together to find a solution that benefits everyone."

The way Eri helped her made Topaz quite flustered, even if the situation was very normal. "Thank you, Eri. I appreciate your help." She said, extending her hand for a handshake, that Eri happily accepted.

"For a successful future!" Eri said cheerfully.

"Ah yes. For a successful future.

﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒

To be continued !