Harlequin Blaze

Harlequin Blaze - 55,000 words

Harlequin Blaze is Harlequin's sexiest romance series, yet there's more to these books than simply sex. We ask our authors to deliver complex plots and subplots, realistic engaging characters and a consuming love story you won't be able to forget. Blaze stories are fun, flirty and always steamy!

Blaze Key Elements

Contemporary romanceHighest level of sensuality among Harlequin series True-to-life characters put in realistic situationsSexy hooks-or classic romantic hooks made ultra-sexy-are essential No historical or paranormal stories Emotional payoff has to be as high as the level of sensuality Tones range from fun and flirty to dark and sensualWord count - 55,000 wordsSetting is primarily North America but open to other settings

A Blaze heroine is usually between 25 and 33. She knows what she wants, and isn't afraid to go and get it. She's confident and has a good idea of who she is. She doesn't need a man to fulfill her, but she'll happily take advantage of the situation if the right guy comes along.

A Blaze hero is an extraordinary ordinary guy. He's usually between 28 and 38 and is the type of strong hero who is attainable for the average woman. He's a cop, a firefighter, a businessman, a soldier and sometimes a cowboy. Money isn't all that important to him-being true to himself is.

Harlequin Blaze is...

The sexy situation in Friends with Benefits or the Ryan Gosling/Emma Stone storyline in Crazy, Stupid Love.

Harlequin Blaze is not...

Erotica. While our books are very sensual, they deliver on the Harlequin promise of one hero, one heroine and an implied committed relationship at the end. Blaze books give readers a glimpse into what it's like to be young and single today.

Did you know?

Check out blazeauthors.com for posts by your favorite authors and editors

There are 4 new Harlequin Blaze books available each month

**To enter tag your story #sytycw15 #blaze