Madelyn had so many things and meetings planned, but when she thought about it, Gracie was more important than all of them. She was about to text Gracie to tell her, but decided that it would be better off as a surprise, Gracie loved surprises. 

Even though it was difficult, Madelyn rescheduled some of her events so her Saturday was free. She would have to be back by Sunday morning for a full day of the things she wasn't doing on Saturday and more. 

Madelyn quickly bought a plane ticket. On Friday night, she texted Gracie, but didn't tell her what was happening. 

Maddie

good luck tmr

always always rooting for u

Gracie

thank u baby

miss u already

Maddie

miss u too

i'll see u soon

Madelyn couldn't wait to see Gracie's reaction and give her the biggest hug. She called Gracie the next morning to give her some words of encouragement before she left. Madelyn boarded her flight a few hours later. She had informed Gracie's friend Abby that she was coming but told her not to spoil the surprise. When Madelyn arrived at the stadium, she greeted Abby.

"Oh my god, you're actually here." Abby said, giving Madelyn a hug.

"Yeah! I'm here." She replied.

"Gracie's backstage." Abby said.

"How is she?" Madelyn asked.

"Mm, I can't tell. She wasn't really talking to anyone." Abby replied.

Madelyn nodded, Gracie was definitely and reasonably anxious.

"Ok, um, do you think it'll distract her if I go back there now?" Madelyn asked, unsure if this surprise could have a negative outcome.

"No, not at all. I think it would help her." Abby said.

Abby gave Madelyn a VIP pass and led Madelyn backstage. It was getting crowded, the show started in less than an hour. 

"I'm glad you're here. Gracie is gonna be so excited." Abby said as they walked.

Madelyn smiled.

They reached the room where Gracie was getting ready. Abby put her finger over her lips, signaling for Madelyn to not say anything...she had a plan. Abby knocked on the door.

"Yeah?" Gracie called from inside.

"It's me. I have a special delivery for you." Abby said. 

Madelyn waited behind Abby with a small smile on her face. Her heart pounded out of excitement, she couldn't wait to give Gracie a hug and a kiss.

"You can come in." Gracie said.

Abby turned to Madelyn and whispered. "Ok, I'm gonna go." She put her hand on Madelyn's shoulder and then slowly walked away with a giggle, leaving Madelyn by herself.

Madelyn took a deep breath and twisted the doorknob. 

"Hey, what's the special delivery?" Gracie asked, facing away from the door sitting at a makeup vanity table. She still assumed it was Abby in the room. Madelyn didn't respond and closed the door behind her.