SNOWFALL ON A HOT NIGHT

I put my purple braids into a high ponytail and braided them to make just 5 braids. Then, I threw on this outfit:

Then, I immediately grabbed my skateboard and headed out the door towards "S"

Then, I immediately grabbed my skateboard and headed out the door towards "S". On my way out, I grabbed a lollipop from the bowl next to the door. As I rode on the street, I opened it and popped it into my mouth. I felt the cool night breeze as I rode and I couldn't help but smile. I rode in between or over the bonnets of cars if I had to and I ignored their angry horns.

Finally, I got to "S" and headed inside after showing them my sticker. I heard a few people muttering, 'It's Queen' and other stuff along that line. I just continued walking to get to the race track in time. Today was the beef between the Anti-Hero of the "S" Community, Shadow and some redhead named Reki. I'll be honest, Reki intrigued me and I could see there was a fire burning in him that he just needed to let out.

I got to the track in time and stood watching the match. I stood near the spot they would finish because I preferred seeing how the beef ends, not how it starts. I watched my phone and saw Shadow make a sign at Reki that meant, 'You're dead'. I had always thought Shadow's character was a bit too bogus and vulgar.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1. The beef started! Shadow had already pulled in front of Reki but it wasn't by so much. They braved corners as Shadow stayed firmly ahead of Reki. But then, he challenged him to bring it on. Reki seemed to accept the challenge and was soon ahead of Shadow. Shadow, however, didn't seem to like that. He flung his Haemanthus Bombs at Reki's skateboard.

This really tripped Reki up as he skidded off the route and crashed. Ooh, that was gonna hurt. Others cheered on Shadow though. I didn't cheer anyone. I just watched. After that, there was no reason to continue the beef. Shadow was declared the winner. I watched Reki as he was helped up by someone I guessed knew him and assisted out.

Then, I decided to just do a beef with some random person real quick. I won and took my 200 yen from the loser as people cheered, 'Queen! Queen! Queen!'. I then decided to just skate around a little before going home. There was really nothing more to stay for.

The next day, I had school. I took my usual seat beside Reki. Yes, he and I were actually classmates, seatmates in fact (We had double desks in class), however, we didn't talk to each other so much, just once in a while. That day, our class had a new exchange student from Canada. His name was Hasegawa Langa. He was tall, had silky, light blue hair and spoke in this quiet and calm manner. He wasn't much of a talker but he seemed interesting at the very least. He sat in the seat right next to Reki and I's, specifically on my right.

Later that day, I'm hanging down at "S" again waiting for this beef against Shadow and another guy I know nothing about to start. I'm as usual hanging near the finish line. Finally, they put the race up on the monitors. I connected with my phone and I saw...the exchange student from Canada skating against Shadow! I mean, I know I didn't know anything about his opponent but I'm hella sure it wasn't this guy!

5,4,3,2,1. The beef started! There wasn't enough time to process it. This guy (who had taped his feet to the board with packing tape!) was racing Shadow. Oh, he is going to have more than just broken bones. He'll be lucky if he can still walk after this. The beef just started and Shadow was already miles ahead of him. However, that wasn't surprising because he still hadn't moved!

He was bent in this position as if he was already skating but he was going absolutely nowhere! He seemed to notice this as he calmly looked down at his board. He isn't even hot and bothered. He does know that the wager is the loser gets a tattoo of the winner's choosing, right?!

He tried to move his legs, so, it would start moving but it didn't work. So, he crouched down and started pushing with his hands. Others started laughing. My eyes were wide with shock. Just what in tarnation did he think he was doing?! Soon, when he had pushed enough to get the board rolling slowly on his own, he started maneuvering with his legs but it did not look so easy with his feet taped. Wait a minute, just how is he going to bail like that? He was still nowhere near Shadow who was still way ahead of him. Wow, this will be a terrible first match to go to his record.

But then, my mouth suddenly hung open in shock. He had suddenly gotten the hang of it and was now moving fast. Soon, he had caught up with Shadow. I did not see that coming. Okay, I didn't usually cheer people on but I immediately screamed, "Go, newbie!" I liked this guy and I'm cheering him on fully. I believe he can totally beat Shadow, leave him in the dust even.

Shadow finally decided to get serious and went at his full speed but the newbie wasn't letting up. He soon overtook shadow on the straightaway. I was so cheering him on. However, soon, I thought he was now going too fast. He needed to slow down to make the next corner. I was now worried about him. He might crash.

However, I should have never worried. He made an insane move which turned him round the corner and my mouth officially hung open again. I was back to cheering him on. However, he soon tripped a bit and Shadow overtook him. I didn't lose hope in him, though. Before we all knew it, he had done some crazy moves and landed side by side with Shadow.

Finally, they approached The Finale. It was time to see if this newbie could really hang. Shadow had pulled ahead of him again as he seemed amazed at the structure of The Finale. However, as Shadow trash-talked, he looked around and seemed to get an idea. He jumped and slid down a pole and hung on the edge for a moment. Most people thought he was gonna fall but I had more faith in him than that.

He slipped off and fell...but landed on another beam and continued going. As he jumped over a ramp and was in midair, Shadow threw some Haemanthus Bombs at him. He easily jumped over them as they went off almost like fireworks adding to the splendor of the moment. Time seemed to slow down as we all beheld this angel who had just graced the "S" Community.

The world seemed to go quiet for a minute as he jumped over Shadow. And as he kept rotating in the air, I was sure I saw snowflakes falling, here in Okinawa. My eyes were lit and my heart was racing. Emotion ran through me as I watched this happening a few miles ahead of me.