With spirit a bit downcast, he mumbles, "I'm going to bed. You?"

"Uh, go ahead," she replies, still engrossed in her phone.

He stares at her, nibbling nervously with his bottom lip. "Are you sure? I can stay with you here if you still -"

"It's okay." She looks at him with a smile, interrupting him and then back to her phone when she receives another reply. "I have to.. uh.. finish something for an early meeting tomorrow."

Ian nods and stands up. She's still preoccupied with her phone, and now she's smiling at whatever the guy is texting her. He's losing his mind over something he cannot explain and impulse has him thinking: distract her. He ruffles her hair playfully, which usually annoys her. "Good night, Leedja!" he says as he heads toward his bedroom, hoping it's enough to knock her out of her trance.

"Good night, Christian Lucas!" she replies, not looking up from her phone and maybe... it annoys him a bit.

Get a grip, Ian, he scolds himself. So what kung nag enjoy siya sa date niya? So what indeed? That couldn't possibly automatically mean she's getting married to someone else, right? RIGHT?!

Oh how he would've wanted someone to scream some sense into his ear right then.

It's a lie if he tells himself it's a good night's sleep, because it isn't. He tosses and turns, his mind racing through all the possibilities life could offer, with or without Lea, with the latter looking so effectively grim and droll. He scoffs at it. Gago ka, umayos ka nga.

Finally, when he decides to surrender to the call of dreamland, streaks of sunlight have already started peeking through his window blinds. Ian knows Mason will be up soon, so he decides to get out of bed and prepare breakfast. Then, a silly thought strikes him out of nowhere: he can make breakfast for Lea too, to give her a good start to her day.

Fuck, saan nanaman galing 'yan?

...

He'd be damned as he finds himself preparing her baon the morning that follows.

He's in the midst of flipping chocolate chip pancakes when Lea emerges from her bedroom. Their living space is open, affording him a clear view of her in all her morning glory – bedhead, no makeup, and pajamas. He's reasonably certain that no other guy has had the privilege of seeing her like this, and if he's completely honest with himself, he adores how she looks so... her at this early hour.

"Good morning," Ian greets her with a warm smile.

Lea blinks a couple of times, her sleepy eyes trying to discern if she's still in a dream or encountering a delightful apparition. "Ian?"

Ian chuckles softly. "Yes, Leedja?"

It's definitely him. "What... Why... Why are you awake?" She checks the clock. "It's 6:15 in the morning!"

To cook breakfast for you and make your day better, he thinks, but naturally, he doesn't say that aloud. Instead, he sets the steaming pancakes on a plate, along with crispy bacon, a bowl of fresh fruits, and a drizzle of syrup. "Breakfast?" He offers, sidestepping her question.

The tempting aroma of bacon proves irresistible, and Lea eagerly takes a seat in front of him, her surprise evident at the sight of the hearty breakfast spread. "Ang dami mo naman niluto. Mauubos ba natin 'to?" She takes a bite of the bacon he's cooked to perfection – crispy yet tender (A/N: crunchy but definitely not sunog).

He chuckles while pouring her a cup of coffee. "Well, Mason will surely devour these, so you better start digging in. Manang-mana pa naman yun sayo kapag ganito ang pagkain."