A place called home

Start from the beginning

Kojiro was in the kitchen. He was moving around with Kaoru in his arms. The fox turned his head to see what the Fu dog was doing.

"You're making tea? While carrying me?" he wasn't sure if he was shocked, in awe or just plain pissed! He slapped the Fu dog's chest.

Kojiro laughed. "Ah, your spirit isn't broken. Good to know."

Kaoru found himself plunked down on a chair. Fried Tofu with cheese curd, rice and tomatoes sat before him. Kojiro turned away. A cup of tea was held in his large hands as he came back to Kaoru. Seeing the delicate cup and saucer in such huge hands, but held so tenderly, Kaoru shivered.

That was how Kojiro held him, like a delicate tea cup. He would show him! He wasn't weak or delicate. He could fight! He glared up at Kojiro.

"Don't treat me like I'm breakable." Kaoru growled.

"Then stop acting like you are already broken." Kojiro shot back.

Kaoru flinched. He speared a piece of tofu. His golden eyes followed the Fu dog as he prepared a plate for himself. He came to sit across from Kaoru.

"I don't want anything from you at all." Kojiro said as he sipped his tea.

He lowered the cup to look into the haughty eyes of the fox spirit. They glared at each other for a long time. Kaoru's stomach finally growled in protest. He shoved in another bit of food.

"Why'd you kiss me?" he demanded.

Kojiro shrugged one beefy shoulder. "You looked kissable. Soft and pink, too cute!" He snickered into his cup.

"That, that was it?" Kaoru asked surprised.

Kojiro nodded as he sat his cup back down. He began to eat the food he had made. "Yep, that was it." He admitted.

Kaoru laughed. He tried to stifle it but it snuck out of him in tiny chitters. His shoulders shock as he giggled. Setting his fork down he held his stomach. Here he had been so worried, but Kojiro was a

"... clueless ape!" Kaoru laughed.

He swiped tears from his eyes as he saw Kojiro watching him. A large beautiful smile was carved out of his face. Kaoru leaned over the table between them. He cupped a hand to the warm strong cheek.

"A beautiful clueless ape." He cooed starring into those red eyes.

Kojiro turned his head to press his cheek against the palm of the Kitsune's hand. They starred at each other. This time it was Kojiro who broke the connection.

"How can you eat this stuff? It taste like packing peanuts!" He demanded spearing tofu and shoving it in Kaoru's mouth.

"Its good!" Kaoru insisted.

Kojiro shoved his plate forward. Happily the Kitsune snagged it up. He bent over them both shoveling the food into his mouth. Kojiro came back with cheese and Crackers. He didn't say anything as the Kitsune ate his food. Kaoru looked up at him, dabbing his lips when he was done, on a napkin.

"You are an excellent cook." He offered.

"Most of my customers think so." Kojiro took the plates away to wash them.

Kaoru snuck up behind him. He touched the hard back. Kojiro flinched, startled at first, but then relaxed. The Kitsune let his hand travel over the hard back as he breathed in the Fu dog's scent. It calmed him greatly.

"So, what are we to do now?" Kaoru asked.

Kojiro turned to face him. "Get you a proper place to sleep. There are only two bedrooms ro the house. My sister and Henry have the one downstairs..." Kojiro began.

"I don't mind sleeping on the mat behind the dryer. It was warm there." Kaoru offered. He didn't want to make any more trouble for his host than he ready had.

"No! That was for my sister's cat! It escaped right before Henry showed up. Honestly the cat was better." Kojiro muttered. Kaoru chuckled.

"Come on." Kojiro drew him to his side. Kaoru didn't protest. He liked the feel of the Fu dog close beside him.

They went upstairs. Kojiro opened the door to the bedroom he had taken Kaoru to earlier to shower. But now, it was different, everything was split up. Kaoru looked around. The bed had two places made into it. Each side had its own blanket and pillow diving it equally.

There was a night stand on either side if the bed. The closet was on the far side near the window. The side closest to the door had an armor. It's doors stood open to show the clothes hanging neatly inside. They were all the ones Kojiro had bought him that day. Kaoru touched them he trend to look at Kojiro.

"I wasn't sure if you would want the side by the window or the door. I thought the window might unnerve you more. So, I took that side." He offered.

Kaoru sat on the bed. A pair of slippers with little fox heads on them sat beside his feet. He smiled down at them. Looking up he saw Kojiro watching him nervously.

"I like sleeping by a wall, actually." Kaoru muttered.

Kojiro sprang into action. Kaoru was shoulder, gently, back onto the bed. Kojiro pushed the bed, the pillows, and the Kitsune around. When he was done, Kaoru was facing a soft grey blue wall. He rolled over to see Kojiro standing on the other side of the bed. His large muscled frame blocked both the windows and the door from Karou's sight.

The Kitsune smiled. "Perfect." He giggled running his hand over the soft fabric of the blanket.

"Glad you like it." Kojiro smirked at him.

Kaoru dropped his eyes from the gently red ones watching him with such tenderness. When was the last time someone looked at him like that? He didn't even know. Picking up the pillow he threw it at Kojiro.

"Stop being a sap!" He cried.

"Stop looking so cute!" Kojiro responded.

Kaoru climbed up on his knees. "I'm not cute!" He yelled.

Kojiro laughed. "You're fucking adorable! Look at you!" Kojiro cried.

"Stupid gorilla!" Kaoru huffed folding his arms over his chest. He hid the tiny smile the Fu Dog's barking laugh brought to his lips.