They all stop with their assumptions after that. Dumating na rin si Prof. 

Nakita kong nilingon ako ni Lexa and she smiled.

I'm not sure what's gotten into me, but I smiled back. It felt good to actually stand up for her. 

Siniko ako ni Miranda.

"What's up?" she asked. 

"What do you mean?" Medyo inis kong sagot. 

"Why the sudden kindness with that girl? You're up to something?" saka ito ngumisi. Nakita kong napatingin sa amin, si Prof. 

"Shut up." Pasimple kong sabi sa kanya. 

I knew Miranda wasn't going to let it slide. And I was right. 

"So Maze, spill." tila exited ba ito. 

"There's nothing to spill, anak siya ni Nanay Daisy; that's why I let her borrow my shirt because she's soaking wet from the rain this morning." I lazily answered. 

"That is not like you," Lauren uttered. 

I wanted to scream in her face—at least I'm nothing like you. But I choose not to. 

Then my cheating boyfriend decided to show up together with his minions.

"Hi, Babe," he said then kissing my cheek. And I felt disgusted by it. 

"Hey you," I replied. "I'm sorry, but I need to go; I have my next class." Saka ko sila iniwan. 

My patience is running out, and I can't let them have it the easy way. Not until I'll have my revenge.

 After class, 

"Let's have lunch outside campus." Miranda offered. 

"I think I'll pass. I need to work on my research paper; the due date is coming. Take Xavier with you guys." I didn't wait for them to answer; I simply walked away. 

I headed to the cafeteria instead. I saw Lexa and decided to join her table. Surprisingly, she's alone. 

"Where's your friend? Nag iisa ka yata." tila nagulat pa ito when I sat beside her. 

"May lakad siya. Nag iisa ka din yata?" pabalik na tanong niya. 

Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin. Saka bahagyang natawa dahil napansin ko ang lunch box na nasa harapan niya. Ano siya gradeschooler? 

"What are you eating?" curious na tanong ko. 

"Lunch ko kamahalan, hindi ako kasing palad mo na pweding omorder nalang dyan sa canteen, nagbabaon ako para makatipid." I was taken aback. She is obviously being sarcastic. 

"Hey, I was simply asking, what's with the sarcasm?" saway ko sa kanya. 

"Tocino and rice." Mahina niyang sabi. "It was from your breakfast, kanina." 

"Why would you eat something from breakfast, wala na bang maluluto sa bahay?" tila hindi makapaniwalang tanong ko. The last time I checked, I'm still rich.

" Sayang naman kasi Maze." mahinahon niyang sagot. Still, I don't understand. Iling na tumayo ako.

 I went to the canteen and ordered food. I bought tempura for Lexa and salad for me. 

"Here." inilapit ko sa kanya ang tempura. 

"Hindi mo na sana ako binilhan, Maze." I was about to say something, "But thank you." dagdag niya and then she smiled, like a genuine smile. 

"Let's eat," sabi ko nalang. 

Weirdly, her smile did something to me. I can't put a name on it.

We went to class after that. I kept on picturing her innocent face in my mind throughout the whole afternoon. Is she a witch or something? So, weird.

Thankfully, hindi ko siya kaklase sa ibang subjects. I headed to my locker for Volleyball practice.

I noticed a commotion. Lumapit ako, to see my friends, na pilit hinuhubad ang t-shirt ko na suot ni Lexa. 

"Anong akala mo, just because Maze let you borrow her shirt, you're one of us now?" si Miranda. "The audacity to join her even during lunch!" sigaw pa niya. 

"Ano bang sinabasabi nyo, hindi ko na naman siya pinilit na sumabay sa akin." pilit itong kumakawala kina Miranda. 

 She was about to cry. 

"Let her go!" sigaw ko.

Agad naman natahimik sila Miranda. Mabilis na umalis si Lexa. I saw her heading to the comfort room. 

"What's with you girls?" tanong ko sa kanila. " Really? What are you twelve?" saka ko sila tinalikuran. 

 I went to see Lexa. 

"Look.," panimula ko. She was standing near the sink.

Tinignan niya ako ng masama. 

"Whatever you and your friends are up to, please lang, wag nyo na akong idamay," she was crying. 

"Lexa listened; none of this is my fault. What they did to you was awful, but it wasn't my fault." Bakit parang kasalanan ko? 

" Yeah right." sabi niya.

She then stormed out and left me there. 

Wow! How is all this my fault?

Itutuloy....