18 - #BodyGoals

Mulai dari awal

I was lying on my bed when Bree told me she was going to the grocery store.

"Get some rest, okay?" Bree said. "I'll be back as soon as I can. If you need anything, just call."

I gave her a thumbs-up, too tired to speak.

After Bree left, I tried to go back to sleep. But I couldn't. I supposed I'd slept too much yesterday my body just refused to rest again. Bored, I reached for my phone on my nightstand and checked my messages.

There was a new message from Wyatt, dated yesterday.

Hey, I heard about what happened. Hope you feel better soon!

Wyatt was being kind, but instead of making me feel better, his message reminded me of the opportunity I'd lost. I couldn't go to the state prison with Mr. Grant and Wyatt for the Jim Pansy interview yesterday because I'd been stuck at the ER all day. It was an opportunity of a lifetime, and I missed it because of a stupid accident.

Heaving out a sigh, I texted Wyatt: Thanks! Feeling better already

My mood was dropping, but I tried to stay positive. It was just one interview, Lindsey. Surely missing it won't end your career before it even starts.

As I tried to fill my head with positivity, I checked my other notifications. There were several notifications from TweetyGram, telling me who had liked and commented on the gym selfie I'd posted the day before yesterday.

@NatalieWinters commented on your post: #bodygoals 😍😍😍 This makes me miss the good ol' days tbh. We should work out together sometime! @GingerbreadSmoothie @QueSeraSera @ParisInParis

@QueSeraSera commented on your post: @NatalieWinters Totally! Just let me know when and where and I'll be there!

@ParisInParis commented on your post: OMG YESSSSS!! I would totally join you guys too if I were in LA 😭😭😭

It didn't surprise me that my friends commented on my post or that Nat was scheduling another get-together. What surprised me was the next two notifications.

@goodgalriri liked your post

@queencher liked your post

I could understand Harriet liking my post; maybe deep down she was still the nice girl I'd gone to school with. But it baffled me why Charity, of all people, would like a photo of me hitting the gym.

Suspicion tingled its way down my spine. Yet before I could think too much about it, a message arrived on my phone. It was from Jake.

Hey. You awake?

I felt a smile creeping in. Wait, what?

Shaking my head, I wiped the stupid smile off my face and texted him back.

No.

That was stupid. While I wondered if the concussion had killed my brain cells, Jake replied to my message.

I'll take that as a yes.

Is your door locked?

I arched an eyebrow.

Depends.

If you're thinking about raiding my refrigerator, then the answer is yes.

His response came right away.

I got you something.

He didn't buy me another dress, did he? My curiosity was piqued, and I shot him a reply.