4. A drive together

Beginne am Anfang

I instantly moved my eye from her, I don't want to look like a creep.

I have already portrayed myself as a weird man by asking for her number without even having a proper conversation with her. And now, I am in no mood to look like a weirdo once again.

I walked towards my seat from where I could clearly see her. Talking a little with Dad, Chachu and Arjun I composed myself and finally the meeting started after some time.

The meeting went on and we discussed about the area, land condition, labours, basic facilities, expenses of raw construction goods, machines, profit and the deadline. The making of the area's artificial mini model will be done in 15 days. 

It was a huge project that can take about 7 years, if we work on normal speed to complete but the government wants it to be done as soon as possible.

For that we have to increase the number of labours, there will be two working shifts so that we can complete the entire work in 4 and a half year.

The developed area will be known an 'THE CELESTIAL ENCLAVE'.

The three and a half hour long meeting finally came to an end, and everybody got up to leave.

I looked at Naina who was looking very tired.

Some of the people went home while some decided to have a dinner together as it was 10:40 and nobody has had their dinner.

Dad, Chachu, Arjun uncle and Randheer uncle decided to have dinner together with a few government officials.

Naina denied there offer of having dinner together saying she has no appetite.

Everybody came out of the conference room and went to wherever they had decided to go.

I looked at Naina who was going towards the washroom, so I just kept standing at my place waiting for her.

She came out after a few minutes while looking at her watch and walked past me towards a girl whom I assume to be her PA. Her assistant said something making her frown.

I could easily hear their talks as they were not standing so far.

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

Author's POV

"Laxman bhaiya had a family emergency so he left while you were in the meeting."

Mamta told Naina about the driver's early departure.

"What emergency? Did he tell you something about it?"

Naina asked showing concern about Laxman and his family.

"His wife went into labour in her 7th month of pregnancy."

Mamta answered.

"Oh, call him and ask if everything is okay or not."

Naina said to Mamta.

"Now you should also go home, you are already late. Your family must be waiting."

Naina said while walking towards the exit followed by Mamta.

"Okay, I will call Laxman bhaiya and text you if something is wrong."

Mamta said and booked a cab for herself. Naina and Mamta talked till the cab arrived.

After Mamta's departure Naina moved towards her car just when she reached near her car she realized that she does not have her car keys.

"Maybe Laxman took the keys with him in hurry. Now what do I do? I can't go by a cab. I should ask Dad or bhai for help."