Chapter Ten - Faking

Start from the beginning

"My lord." They all bowed to me, and I backed away from my concubine, watching as my servants immediately wrapped her in blankets and gave her the water and the food.

I turned around and was about to go back inside to check if her bath was ready, but suddenly something lightly grabbed my hand.

I turned around surprised, and saw Chime looking over at me helplessly. "Please don't leave me." She looked like she was about to cry.

What could have possibly happened to her when she ran away..?

I watched her pull away from the crowd of servants, without letting go of my hand, and stand by my side again.

She pressed her face against my side, and squeezed my hand.

I instantly picked her up and we all walked back inside.

Once we were at the bath house, in the gardens of my palace, I opened the door, and was greeted by a hot mist of steam.

I let her down to stand on her feet again. "My servants will be right here with you in case you need something, or if something were to happen-"

"No! I-I mean, I prefer to be alone right now, please." She asked, bowing her head slightly.

I picked up her chin, and looked deep inside her eyes. She suddenly seemed nervous, and wasn't acting normally.

"I just wish to be alone, with my thoughts..." She repeated, and I sighed.

"Alright, but I'm putting guards right outside the doors, just in case. My servants have left towels, and extra clothes for you right over there." Instant relief spread across her face, and she smiled at me.

"Thank you my lord." She said bowing again slightly.

"But," I said interrupting her, "once you are done, I require you to immediately be escorted to my chambers. You get no say in it. Understood?" I asked strictly, and she nodded her head.

I think I like this Chime better than the disobedient, stubborn, hard headed, troublesome spitfire she used to be.

I smirked at her and turned around and left the huge bathhouse.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Chime's P.O.V*

I watched him smirk down at me, and then leave the bathhouse.

And once he was gone, I bit my lip and glared at the door. "That bastard!" I growled out. "I swear if I had to be around him for more than 10 seconds I would just tear his head off!"

Ugh, I act like a scared, innocent maiden for less than 15 minutes and he already starts to take advantage of me?! That bastard!

I angrily unzipped my old, dirty dress and cursed Corbin for making me wear this filthy thing again, and then making me walk all the way back to this rich bastard's house all by myself!

I threw down the dress, and stepped into the giant, glowing bath. I sighed, instantly relaxed and instantly feeling my muscles relaxing too.

"Don't you just look like the happiest concubine." I head a voice mock me from the shadows.

I gasped, and covered myself. "Couldn't you give me at least a warning?!" I screamed, and glared into the shadows.

Corbin appeared out of nowhere all of a sudden, and his face was mere inches away from mine. "Mind if I join you?" He teased, winking at me.

With my leg, I quickly lifted it out of the water, just enough for the water to splash him in the face.

"Asshole." I mumbled, turning around to cover myself up better. "What do you want?" I asked annoyed, and slightly embarrassed.