Ayaan

My name is Ayaan. I am a vampire, but I was not always like this. I was born in the land of Punt, the ancient kingdom that traded with Egypt and Arabia. I was a princess, the daughter of the king and queen who ruled over a prosperous and peaceful realm. I had everything a young girl could wish for: beauty, wealth, power, and love.

I was betrothed to a prince from another kingdom, a handsome and brave man who adored me. We were to be married on the day of the full moon, when the gods would bless our union. I was looking forward to that day with joy and excitement.

But fate had other plans for me.

On the eve of my wedding, a stranger came to our palace. He was tall and pale, with dark hair and piercing eyes. He wore a cloak of black feathers and carried a staff of silver. He said he was a traveler from a faraway land, and he asked for shelter and hospitality. My father, being a generous and noble king, welcomed him and invited him to join us for dinner.

I was curious about this mysterious guest, who spoke with a strange accent and had an air of mystery about him. He seemed to know many things about our history and culture, and he told us stories of his travels and adventures. He also had a keen interest in me, and he complimented me on my beauty and intelligence. He said I reminded him of someone he once knew, someone very dear to him.

I felt flattered by his attention, but also uneasy. There was something about him that made me nervous, something cold and dark that lurked behind his smile. He seemed to have a power over me, a power that I could not resist.

After dinner, he asked me to show him around the palace. He said he wanted to see the treasures and wonders that we had collected from our trade partners. I agreed, thinking it would be rude to refuse. I took him to the royal chambers, where we kept our most precious possessions: jewels, statues, paintings, scrolls, and books.

He looked at them with admiration and awe, but also with greed and envy. He said they were magnificent, but they were nothing compared to what he had seen in his travels. He said he had seen things that would make me gasp in wonder and fear. He said he had seen the secrets of life and death.

He then took out a small box from his cloak. He opened it and showed me what was inside. It was a necklace of gold and ruby, with a pendant shaped like an ankh, the symbol of eternal life. He said it was a gift for me, a token of his affection.

He put it around my neck and fastened it. He said it suited me perfectly, that it matched the color of my eyes and lips. He then leaned closer to me and whispered in my ear.

"Do you want to live forever, my dear?"

I felt a chill run down my spine. I tried to pull away from him, but he held me tight. He said he could give me what no one else could: immortality.

He said he was a vampire, one of the ancient ones who had lived for thousands of years. He said he had traveled across the world, seeking knowledge and power. He said he had seen civilizations rise and fall, empires come and go, wars and plagues ravage the lands.

He said he was lonely, that he needed someone to share his eternity with. He said he had chosen me, that I was his soulmate.

He then bit my neck.

I felt a sharp pain as his fangs pierced my flesh. I felt a warm blood flow from my wound into his mouth. I felt a cold fire spread through my veins.

I screamed.

He drank from me until I was weak and dizzy. He then cut his wrist with his staff and pressed it against my lips.

"Drink," he said.

I tasted his blood in my mouth. It was bitter and sweet at the same time. It burned my throat and filled my stomach.

"Drink," he said again.

I drank more of his blood. It made me feel stronger and lighter. It made me feel alive.

"Drink," he said once more.

I drank until I could drink no more.

He then kissed me gently on the forehead.

"It is done," he said.

He lifted me up in his arms and carried me out of the palace.

He said we had to leave before anyone noticed what had happened.

He said we had to go to his home, where we would be safe.

He said we had to start our new life together.

He said we were now vampires.