Week Two, Wednesday

Mulai dari awal

    “I thought it’d be nice to watch a spar. You two were amazing, by the way. I could barely keep up just watching your punches and kicks.” Ayano turns to look at Budo. “You must have trained them really well.” Ayano gasps then, and widens her eyes to look concerned. “I hope I didn’t distract you guys by coming in to watch. You didn’t mind, did you?”

    They’re all quick to reassure her that no, they weren’t distracted, and in fact like it when people come to watch.

    “We like to show off a bit,” a boy, Juku, admits. “With all the hard work Budo puts us through, it’s good to know that we at least impress our peers.” He winks at her as he finishes, and Ayano giggles in response.

    “Maybe I should come watch more often, then?” She looks up at Budo. “If you don’t mind, of course.”

    Budo grins widely. “You can come by whenever you like! We’d be glad to see you back here.”

Ayano smiles and bows her head a bit, then steps towards the doors. “It’s almost time for class, so I should be going. I’ll come watch another spar in the future!” She starts to step out, then leans back in. “Oh, and I’m Ayano, by the way!” With one last smile, she closes the door behind her.

“I like her. She’s really sweet,” Mina remarks. The others agree.

Ayano walks to her class, and knows that her plan is working when Kiba from the Light

Music Club sees her and says hello.

Just last week, nobody had known Ayano.

Soon, Musume will have to be interested.

And then Kokona will be happier.

-----

Classes pass slowly, and Ayano takes some of the time to plan more. She only has three more clubs to check out, and by then everyone should at least recognize her when she walks by. If enough people start to talk about her, then she can befriend Musume. She isn’t completely sure if the next part will work out, but Ayano knows it has to.

Anything for a friend, after all.

-----

Lunch passes quickly, a blur of Osano, Amao, Kokona and Taro talking about their mornings as all five of them eat lunch. Afternoon classes are as slow as morning classes, but they eventually pass and so does cleaning time.

Amao and Osano walk Ayano to the gym, where rehearsal starts right away. Riku

blanks on a few of his lines but picks them back up quickly, saving Shozo from a figurative, and overdramatic, heart attack.

Before Ayano realizes it, she and Kokona are heading towards the gates, where Taro, Osano, and Amao wait. Kokona waves goodbye. Amao doesn’t.

“I’m here for the Walking Home Club,” Amao jokes, and Taro laughs.

The group makes their way to Ayano’s, talking about their clubs.

“And then she just dropped all of the dry ingredients straight into the mixer! She looked like a ghost in seconds,” Osano tells the group. Taro laughs openly, and Amao covers his mouth to hold in his laughter. Ayano giggles, causing Amao to finally break.

“How long did it take to clean everything up?” Ayano asks.

“Well, let’s just say we didn’t have time to make anything today,” Amao answers.

Osano sighs at that. “Yeah, and I was looking forward to those cookies, too!”

“I’m sure you’ll find a way to live,” Ayano says, causing Osano to scoff.

“Thanks for caring, Aya.”

“No problem.”

They’re already at her house. Sighing, Ayano says her goodbyes to the three boys, who smile and promise to see her tomorrow.

Once alone in her house, Ayano makes her way through her nightly routine. Finally, she sleeps, hoping that the next day will not fly by so fast.

She wants to hold these moments close.

Notes:

Week three is almost over and it'll be, well, interesting~

Goodbye Readers!

1199 words.