Chapter Thirty Four

Kendra hum happily to herself as she go through her files, a big smile plastered on her face.

The morning scent filled the room and Ray of sunlight peer through the glass to light up the room. 

She was happy she got herself a job that within three weeks she already cleared all her debt.

Andre offer to pay her in advance when he caught her on call last week with her landlord, she thought it did  be the proud CEO and his subordinates kinda thing.

But with Andre Smith it was the complete opposite,even if they always share awkward moments that makes her heart beat race fast.

      This Monday morning felt so alive, Kendra kept humming Ghost by Ava Max. The chiming of the elevator couldn't even stop her.

Andre stepped into the office and turn to Kendra desk beside the entrance. He stood fixed to same spot.

Kendra raised her head from her work and saw Andre standing, she stood up happily and almost race to him.

But she held back as she took hurried steps towards him. Good morning Mr Smith she said giving him a warm smile,  her voice filled his ears  a sweet Melody.

Andre just stare at her amazed by her mood , she was always reserved and acting all intimidated by him.

but today seems different he could not miss that  soon he was also smiling, May I take the case she said stretching out her right hand.

Sure you can he replied handing her the suitcase. She excuse him as he walk to his own desk, he discard his blue suit and loosen his tie he take his

fingers through his hair messing it up a little. He made to  hang his suit by the rack but Kendra took it from him and help him with it.

He gave her a warm smile and she blushed, her smile never fading. When she was done helping Andre settle down,

she went back to her desk while Andre kept staring at her and enjoying her happy mood. He felt himself relaxing just watching her.

What's going on? Kendra Andre asked once she settled in, you look so happy, did I miss anything maybe he added.

Kendra smiled broadly revealing set of white teeth, he called my name how sweet she thought.

She stare at him grinning, their desks was opposite each other... where Kendra's was beside the entrance, his was opposite it.

in a way that both can see each other by just looking up. Kendra!!.. Andre called when she gave no reply, or is it your birthday?

His voice filled with curiosity as he stare at her with a puzzled look.    it is nothing mister Smith I'm just happy I got myself a job she finally replied.

she has been working for three weeks now, and she saying this ... Andre thought well congratulations to you Andre replied.

He then turn on his laptop to get the day started,  he turn on the TV,  the news came on the screen, everywhere  went silent. the two become engrossed in their work