Chapter Seven

The auction was held at the only museum in town given by Lumpy's information. It was one of the largest buildings that was ever been built in Happy Tree. Artifacts that were old as time were put in many display cases for everyone to see. Anyone is welcome to enter and visit the museum, except...

" Hey Shifty, look at that." Handy pointed his arm at the double door. A drawing of two raccoons symbol were being crossed out with the colour of red, similar to a prohibition signs you would see in other building entrances. Shifty stare at it for a moment, " Are they implying me and Lifty?" Handy inspect it closely, " Seems like it." his certainty left Shifty in denial, " Could be a different raccoon perhaps."

Handy shook his head, " I doubt it, it seems legit. They even had the time to draw a little fedora for you. How cute." He smiled at the little detail they'd given for Shifty. Shortly, the felon peered over his head to see the ban sign as well. Shifty frown, " Whoever drew this has some horrible artistic skills." he said it like some kind of critic. Handy looked at him, " I seriously don't get you being this judgemental all the time." His partner simply shrugged as he straightened his back, " Thanks, got it from my family genes." Shifty took it as a compliment instead. He probably said it on purpose just to irk him more. But letting his mood getting ruin within seconds was futile, so Handy tried to let it slide.

Then out of nowhere, people with sophisticated attires suddenly walked into the museum without acknowledgement of their presences. One somehow managed to bump their shoulder into Shifty rather harshly. Which of course, pissed him off, " Hey, watch it!" His warned were easily ignored as more of them were entering the building. Handy watched them in sheer puzzlement, " Shit, is the auction starting today?" He said, a cold feeling gripping the pit of his stomach, " I thought Lumpy told me it starts tomorrow."

When all of them entered the museum without leaving any of them behind, Shifty said directly to him, " And you believe that fool?" he was the first to step forward to the threshold, " Come on, i bet the securities are busy assisting them." Just when he mentioned it, Shifty was immediately stopped by a security guard. Her face was impassive and was ridiculously tall. Shifty's ears flattened by merely seeing the lady in front of them. She was awfully quiet while she gazed him head to toe, clearly being skeptical towards him. She then curt her head to the side, " Leave, you have no right to be here."

Shifty mouth was slightly agape, " What did i do wrong here?" It didn't take her while to darken her expression, " The museum forbid you to enter due to the crimes you had committed here. So leave." she snarled which Shifty quickly backed away, " Alright, you don't have to tell me twice." he walked further away until he reached at the entrance gate of the museum. Her eyes was still fixed at the raccoon as he awkwardly remain eye contact with the security guard until he was out of her sight. She then turned to focus on Handy, " You know that guy?"

Handy glanced warily at her then to Shifty who was now gone without a trace, then back to her, " No, not at all. He's just some loser that approached to me just now." He lied, hopefully for her not to read his face. The security guard gave a nod before letting him in without a second thought. Handy reluctantly did so, giving a last glimpse at the entrance gate. He couldn't quite believed it that Shifty just left him like that. But then again, it was Shifty he's dealing with. So why should he expect much from him? When he realized she was staring patiently, Handy had no choice but to move forward without his criminal partner.

It's been a very long time since Handy had visited the only museum in town. He doesn't have any interest or desire to check them out. He'll only do however, visit the museum if someone would asks him to tag along. Just like few weeks ago, when his friend Mole went to checked the new exhibit with him at the museum. And since they live in a corrupted town, they got killed by one of the large pillars that weren't properly installed. Causing it to toppled on to them, resulting their bodies to turned into red paste.