01.03. The first day of school

Start from the beginning

"It's not up for discussion Lottie. It's getting done tonight." Shawn interrupted her, causing her to groan again and slouch on her pillows.

"Lottie?" Rachel giggled at the name.

"It's what I've always called her, Rachel." Shawn told her without looking back up from his notebook.

The three planned out most of her party, much to Cherrys disappointment. They gave Danny the lists of what they wrote and he said he would start to plan it out for Cherry. The three all put on their coats on walked each other back home. Cherry walked back into her house and went to bed quickly. The next morning Cherry got ready quickly and she wished Stephanie good luck for her first day and she ran out the door. She climbed onto the bus with Rachel and Shawn following behind her. Rachel sat with Cherry and Shawn sat with his girlfriend, Heather Osmet.

Heather Osmet has crush on Shawn for as long as almost anyone could remember. Heather was over the moon when Shawn asked her out. Heather Osmet wasn't the best person to be around due to her attitude but Cherry and Rachel both knew why Shawn would even look her way. Well, Rachel had her own theory but she never told Cherry because she didn't want to make her mad, so Rachel just agreed with Cherrys idea. Cherry had thought that Shawn asked Heather out because of her looks. According to Cherry, Heathers looks were the only thing that made people like her. Heather was the exact opposite of Cherry really. Cherry had long blonde hair, Heather had long dark hair. Cherrys eyes were bright blue eyes and Heathers were simply brown. And there personality's couldn't have been more different, Cherry had amazing grades in school and she was very passionate about dance. Heather wasn't good at school and she really only cared about sports. Cherry was loud and Heather was rather quiet. Cherry knew that Shawn didn't really like Heather near as much as he said but she assumed he only asked her out because Heather was truly, very beautiful.

"Omg! Your outfit is so cute!" Rachel said as she sat beside her best friend. (The outfit that Cherry is wearing is the second picture at the top)

"Oh thank you Rach, yours is so cute!" Cherry giggled back as they drove off to school.

The day at school went by fast, not very eventful. Cherry and Rachel were almost in all the same classes and they already knew everyone and all the teachers do it was a rather boring day. At lunch, Rachel, Cherry, Shawn, Heather, and Rachel's new boyfriend, Alex, all sat together. Heather, Cherry and Alex all went to pass out invitations to Cherrys birthday party leaving Rachel and Shawn by themselves.

"Thank god." Shawn mumbled under his breath, hoping Rachel didn't hear him.

"I heard that and I know what your trying to do Shawnie. It's not going to work yknow." Rachel said back to him.

"Only Lottie's allowed to call me that, you know that Rachel. And what are you talking about? I don't know what you think I'm trying to do but you're wrong."

"Really? You really think I don't see what your doing? God Shawn, not even you are that dumb."

"Rude. And seriously, what do you think I'm doing?"

"You've hated Heather for years, Shawn. You still do hate her. Nobody can stand her. I know why you asked her out. You're trying way to hard, Cherry won't ever get jealous over her, no matter what you do."

"Why would I want Lottie to be jealous of Heather?"

"Because you love her."

"No, Rachel, I don't. Stop trying to play Cupid, you don't know what you're talking about so I recommend you figure it out. I don't love Lottie."

"Liar. If you didn't care for her, you wouldn't call her Lottie and you wouldn't let her call you Shawnie."

"I never said I didn't care about her I said I didn't love her. There's a difference."

"Whatever Shawn. I'm telling you now, it's messed up to use that girl, no matter how insufferable she is."

"It's only for two more days."

"Oh? What's in two days?"

"Lotties birthday party."

"What's so special about that?"

"You'll see.." Shawn mumbled again as the three came back to the table, but before they sat down, Shawn glanced at Rachel and blew her a kiss and grinned, making her jaw drop slightly and she threw a fry at Shawn's head.

Although he said he wasn't, Rachel knew that Shawn was trying to make Cherry jealous. Rachel knew Shawn very well and it wasn't a secret that Heather and Cherry were total opposites. They were really like day and night. Charlotte was the night, Heather was the day. And, as Rachel knew very well, Shawn always preferred the night. The night was special to Shawn in a way that nobody but Shawn could understand and Rachel knew that. And she knew, that deep down inside of Cherrys heart, there was the smallest twinge of hatred for Heather. Not because of Shawn, but more because of how rude Heather was. To anyone and everyone. It didn't matter to her. And Rachel also knew, that I'm twos days, Shawn was going to take Cherrys first kiss, on her birthday. Her welcoming to being a teenager, would be Shawn Hunter, more specifically, Shawn Hunter kissing her.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Author notes

Okay so that's is the absolutely random and chaotic next part. I'm sorry I didn't update sooner but I think this is at like over 500 reads so thank you so much I appreciate it! I hope you enjoy the story and I get that this story is really Cherry focused but I think I like it that way. Thank you again for reading!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••