Pt3. Heroes and Villains

ابدأ من البداية

Shadow pushes off the wall, walking away from the group, "Do what you want." He vanishes in a flash of light.

Old brat. If this is how you treat your friends no wonder no one ever wants you around.

Sonic shakes his head, "Classic Shadow.. Well with mister gloom and doom gone what's say we get those chili dogs?"
Knuckles eyes you up, his arms crossed with a SEVERE disapproval. "What about them? Are we just gonna bring some (Y/A) that tried to kill us out for dinner now?" He throws his hands up in a fit, storming away before Sonic could answer. "Whatever! I need to check on the Master Emerald and make sure Eggman didn't steal it or something!" His footsteps shake the ground like a toddler throwing a tantrum.

Barbaric and unsightly, He's not fit to guard something as precious as that. It's a miracle it hasn't already been stolen with how much he abandons it.

Amy sighs to herself "And there he goes... Alright boys, what are we doing? Should we drop off our guest at the prison?"
You glare at her, "Isn't there usually a trial before throwing someone in to rot for the rest of their life?" You stare daggers into her, expecting another fluff-filled response like any other time she tried to force her compassion into you during battles past.

She looked back at you with disdain, marching up and getting in your face, "Don't push it. You hit me several times not too long ago, don't think I'm forgetting about that any time soon." Your eyes drift to the lump on her forehead from one of your many attacks, a small smirk forming on your face.
"Yeah that was pretty funny-" you tease, a sour satisfaction in your eyes. She raises her hammer above her head, staring you in the eyes. You return her gaze, an immovable coldness radiating from your expression. It probably wasn't smart to enrage them, but you didn't care.

They aren't heroes, as soon as something happens that gets in the way of their personal desires they'll show their true colors... No one was special, and no one was above being greedy or selfish...

She huffs a puff of hot air in your face, lowering her hammer carefully and averting her eyes. Her expression became bitter and cold, almost a reflection of yours. "Sorry Sonic, I can't do it with them... We almost lost the entire planet to Eggman and I- I can't."

As expected, you got hurt and now it doesn't matter that you saved me. You chose to save me on a whim to stroke your own ego.
When it comes down to it you'll wish you'd let me die once we're fighting again.

Sonic's expression softens for a moment as if he wanted to say something comforting- but it's Sonic. Even you knew that Sonic uses humor as a coping mechanism to keep himself sane. Understandable given how the smartest man ON THE PLANET has tried to kill him and somehow failed like, a lot. "No sweat, Amy! Go put your feet up for a while, we'll keep an eye on the troublemaker! Right buddy?"

Forcing a response instead of being genuine, is that what it means for them to be heroes?

Tails nods, feigning a smile. "That's right! I'll message you with more info later, but in the meantime try to get some good rest tonight." Your eyes glance at Tails, soaking up the fake smile.

Pedestrian. Lying to each other just like everyone else. How are any of you different from the Doctor...

Amy departs tiredly, her feet dragging as she trudged into what looked like woods to you. "It's hard to believe that this is the group that's stopped the Doctor on several occasions. You're all a mess and cant even handle one captive between the five of you."

Tails shoots a glare at you, "We argue and disagree but we're all friends. We still trust each other no matter what-"
You cut him off with a forceful scoff. "You lie to each other and tell half truths. You could be supportive to one another but instead you chose to keep it light and send her on her way. When I escape I promise you won't catch me a second time."

Sonic frowns uncharacteristically, "And here I thought Shadow was the biggest buzz-kill I'd ever met-" He starts walking in the opposite direction of where Amy ventured, his hands crossed behind his head. "You can read into it if you want but this is just how we all are. My friends are the best and brightest around! How could I not want to hang out with them no matter what we're doin?" He looks back at you, a gentle smile on his face as if he didn't have a care in the world. "Honestly it's hard not to keep it light with how cool they all are!"

Poser...

You follow behind Sonic for now... If you ran he could easily catch you, and Amy took your tools so you couldn't contact the Doctor. That would be your first priority then you could figure out where to go from there...

Tails walks beside you, his eyes brighter than usual as he looked to Sonic. He leans his head in your direction, "I think you and I both know that Eggman meant to take all of us out with that explosion. You included." You scrunched your nose as he spoke, the thoughts that were still in your head coming back to the forefront. "To be honest I don't like that you tried to hurt my friends, but all of us made it out okay so I think I can forgive you this time." His eyes looked through you, his tone gentle and lighthearted. "You might not want to be friends with any of us, but we both share an enemy so we can at least be allies. Just something to think about."

Allies... Yeah, if I wanted to be watched and mistrusted all the time... Not that I would trust any of you anyways. Sonic's a wannabe and you, Tails? You're an idealistic dreamer. All of you need to get a grip...

You huff to yourself, not addressing what Tails had said as you continue trailing behind Sonic. Whether someone thought they were doing good or doing evil as usual the only thing that mattered was power. That would never change regardless of which side you had chosen to support.