So few days passed by and Hanni already started her part time job as a cashier/barista at the local café. She spent the last couple of days practicing and practicing, let it be being a reliable cashier or a fast learning barista.

It was tiring but she enjoyed it as days passing by. Luckily the local café was not the only café available at the area and with multiple coffee spots, the amount of customers walking in was bearable and sometimes Hanni and the other baristas/cashiers could just be chilling around with no customers coming in.

"Slow day again it seems..." Hanni whispered to herself as she's sitting behind the counter, humming random song that comes to mind. "There's always days like these. I mean we can just relax right?" Said Chaeyoung, the café's supervisor who's sitting next to Hanni, scrolling through her phone.

Hanni stood up from her seat, made her way to the front area before standing by the window, glancing at the outside area of the café. Cars passing by, people walked by, Hanni's eyes were wandering everywhere before her view was blocked by a person.

She looked up and could only laughed in silent as you're standing in front of her at the other side of the window with your teasing expression and raised eyebrows. "What are you doing?" You mouthed at her who just waving her hand, asking you to come in as she's continue laughing.

"Already slacking off I see..." You said jokingly right after you walked in as she just scrunched her nose with a glare. "There's no one coming in okay... until you and by the way... after three days I'm working only now you're visiting? I'm quiet disappointed..." She made 'tch' sounds.

"Then shall I go to that café across the street then..." You pointed you finger backwards with your eyebrows raised before she shook her head with her palms pressing against each other. "Just buy here good sir, we need sales too you know..."

Couldn't contain your laughter, you just nodded you head between your silent laugh. "I've been a bit busy with the literature club the last couple of days. But now I am a free soul and that is why I'm here first thing in the morning."

"It's almost noon by the way..." She squinted her eyes as you looked at your watch. "...first thing in the noon." You immediately corrected yourself as a laughing Pham Hanni made her way back to the counter.

"What can I get you today?" She asked as you made your way to the counter as well before reading through the menu on the counter top. "Let me guess, just an iced Americano?" Hanni whispered to herself.

"Iced Americano please. Large." You said your order as she's silently proud to have guessed correctly while in all honesty, you heard her whisper and decided to go with it. After paying, Chaeyoung made your Americano in a swift.

"Where are you heading after this?" Hanni asked as she handed you your drink. "Probably back home." You answered. "You're telling me you went out today just to get a drink here?" Hanni crossed her arms on her chest with raised eyebrows as you just nodded with a light hum.

"I have nothing else to do today anyway. Probably a light gym time at the evening later." You said before taking light sips. 

"Don't you think it's time for you to see someone? You have plenty of times on your hands" That was a trick question by Hanni as for the past weeks, she's been confused with her own feelings towards you.

Your expression was about to turn into surprised before you managed to cover it up with a light snicker. "Probably not the right time yet. Besides..." Hanni's heart's beating faster in every word you said. "...who's going to be there for you then? I'm not ready to let that go just yet." With a light smile, you waved at her as you walked away towards the entrance.

ꜱᴘʀɪɴɢ ʀᴀɪɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ᴅʀᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ✧ ʜᴀɴɴɪ ᴘʜᴀᴍजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें