Part 11. Ceremony.

Evan Pov

The servants put an usual outfit on me, combed my hair, and took me into a certain hall.

I am standing at the golden gate, which then opened. I see an assembly hall decorated with roses, ribbons, with a huge buffet and full of people, i. e. werewolves. A few meters away i see prince Jonathan, his parents, sister, even his older brother bandaged in a wheelchair, and the guys. In front of me is a red carpet that leads to them. A spotlight illuminated me. When the coronation music started playing, i recognized this music, i began to walk along the red carpet, looking foward. There are werewolves sitting on the left and right, looking at me. I'm being calm. Having reached the altar, i stood in front of the prince and his parents. They turned me to face the hall.
"Ladies and gentlemen. We have gathered to announce an important guest for us. We all rememeber Elvis, the hero who saved our valley, as well as miss Ashley, a wonderful and kind woman who helped us in many ways. In memory of their death, we erected a statue of them, to which we still offer bouquests of red roses, as a sigh of our love for them. But today fate brought us an unusual gift. The son of our heroes, Evan Fong, came to our village. In the fight with my oldest son Jason, he was able to show that the blood of both his father and mother flows in his veins. And he proved that he is worthy to be a resident of our valley. Maybe one day he will follow in the footsteps of his parents, and also protect the valley, and receive the memory of his expoits." - said the king.
I just stand there and listen to it, trying not to cry. I just didn't know that my parents were such heroes of this valley, and i was their son. If my parents were here, i would tell them how proud i am of them, that they are such heroes.
"And now i'll ask to bring the brooch of a valley resident." - said the king.
Out corner of my eye, i see one of the servants presenting a red pillow to the king. The king took something from it and turned to me.
"From now on, Evan Fong, i proclaim you a resident of "Blue moon" valley!" - he said, putting a small blue brooch with the moon and a wolf on it. Quite beautiful. Applause was heard in the hall.
"In addition, since you were in the hands of royal blood, you should be marked as royal property. And this will be done by my youngest son, prince Jonathan." - added the king.
I was a little wary. What does "marked as royal property" means? Jonathan came up to me, putting his hands on my shoulders. He took off the collar, opened the right side of my neck, and pressed his face to it. I feel how he bit, not painfully, sucking the skin of my neck. I squeezed my eyes shut and pressed my lips together, trying not to let out the moan as i clenched my fingers. The howls was heard in the hall. After a minute, Jonathan movies away. I feel a wet spot and a tiny tingling sensation. I touch my neck with fingers. I want to look at the mark. Applause was heard again in the hall.
"And now, i ask everyone to celebrate the ceremony with loud music and dancing!" - said the king.

The whole time i was in the castle with everyone, where there was loud music and a lot of noise from people. It reminds me of the ball in my valley when we celebrate the day of the red moon. Which happens once a month. I, my brothers, and our parents celebrated this day with our uncle, who is the ruler of our valley, and with our people. I wasn't in the mood to dance. I carefully walked past the dancing crowd and walked outside the castle. There was no one outside. The sky was getting a little darker. I rememeber the king's words about the statue of my parents. Luckily she is standing to the right as you enter the castle. I approached her. In front of me stand the golden father in a shirt tucked into his pants and long boots; and mom with long hair, wearing a long corpset dress with long sleeves. I often saw them in these clothes. Now they seem to be in the wind, with one arm around the waist and their heads resting on each other. Their other two hands were free and as if they were holding something large and round. I see their happy faces. I slipped between their free arms, placing my hands on theirs, and pressed myself closer to them. It's as it real parents are standing in front of me. I closed my eyes and threw my head back, pressing against them.
"Mom. Dad." - i muttered.
I clapsed my hands on the statue's arms. I feel more and more that i am holding the real hands of my parents. A tear runs down my cheek again.
"Are you going to sleep by this statue?"
I heard Jonathan's voice. I opened my eyes and got out.
"I wasn't going to sleep. I just had someone to rememeber!" - i said, turning away with my head down.
I feel hands taking my face and kissing my lips.
"I know that you are worried about the loss of your loved ones. But you must release their souls to another world, and not disturb their peace." - Jonathan said holding my face.
"I am not ready to let them go! Death has reached them early!" - i said almost hysterically.
Tears started flowing from my eyes again. Jonathan pulled me close.
"Shh, no need to cry. Don't hurt your psyche! They may be watching you from heaven! Even if their lives haven't grown together, they hope that your life will get better before you get older." - he said, stroking my hair.