Part 3. We Meet Again.

Start from the beginning

Jimmy, then took the kettle from off the harth and filled a cup with boiling water, before putting the kettle back down and walked over to the table with it and placed it down in front of me. I then, looked at the cup and then back up at him. "What I asked if you wanted a cup of tea, I didn't say I was gonna mack it for ya anaral". He laughed. "You cheeky git!". I slapped him on the arm. "Pass is a bloody tea bag, I'll do it mesel!". I said. Jimmy then laughed and went and handed me a tea bag for me to put in my tea. "Er, where's the milk and sugar?". I asked. Jimmy then rolled his eyes and tutted, as he got me what I asked for and placed them down on the table. "Can you two not gan less than five bloody minutes without tearing lumps out of each other?". Father asked, as he chuckled to himself.

Myself and Jimmy looked and each other and then just like telepathy we both said the same thing. "No". Father then tutted and went back to reading his newspaper. "So, what you two gonna be up to today?". I asked them. "Well I thought I'd scourer the streets and look for some pretty ladies". Jimmy said. "Erggh, please don't make me sick". I grimaced. Father sat there chuckling at us both. "Well, if you must know we are in two minds, to either go to the pit and see if they have any jobs going or go to this new pub for a pint". Father said.  "Well we all know which one that your both gannar pick, don't we?". I asked rhetorically. "Well your brother and me, thought we could accompany you to your trail shift". Father said, as he placed his newspaper down onto the table and looked at me.

"See how nice we are to ya". Jimmy laughed, as he picked up a slice of toast and took a bite. "A-a trial shift, since when?". I asked. "Since half seven this morning, I caught the fella who's barman in there, as he was walking to start his shift in the pub and told him about our situation and he agreed to give you a trial". Father said. I then squealed with excitement and jumped up out my seat and leant over the table, to kiss father on the cheek. "Thanks dad!". I said excitedly, I then stood up and went and grabbed hold of Jimmy's face and gave him a big sloppy kiss on his cheek, as I know he hates that kind of thing. "Thanks Jimbo!". I said, as I smiled smug at him, before sitting back down on the chair, as he began to wipe my kiss from off his cheek.

I then picked up a piece of toast and ate some, whilst drinking my tea, a few minutes past and I had finished my breakfast and I ran upstairs to get ready, I ran into my room and opened my wardrobe, as I started to rummage through my clothes, to find something suitable to wear. I then picked out a nice cream blouse, with a wide collar, with a camel coloured ankle length skirt and a burgundy coloured cardigan, to go over the cream shirt. I then, placed them gently on the bed and then ran back out of my room and down the stairs, to go and wash my face and brush my teeth.

Once that was done, I ran back up to my room and got changed, did my hair in my signature bun hairstyle and sprayed a little bit of my perfume on, before taking one last look in my vanity mirror I checked the clock to see what time it was and I realised just had enough time to write a diary entry for today, so I sat down at my vanity and opened my diary up and began to scribble in it.

Date: 17th October 1921

Today is Monday, Monday in a new house, in a new environment and a day at a new trail shift, at a new job, that I shall be going to in under less than an hours time, I hope I don't mess up, as I am a little nervous and I don't know why, as I have done this type of work before obviously, but I think it has something to do with, it being in a new environment and going to be around new people, but anyway wish me luck and I shall let you know how it goes, when I return.

Once I had finished scribbling, I then made my way downstairs, to join the lads who waiting patiently for me, with their coats already on. "Bout time". Jimmy said smugly. "Ready?". Father asked. I didn't say anything other than nod my head in agreement and put my longline wrap coat on, that was burgundy in colour and it came just down to my shins, as Jimmy then opened the door and we all made our way out into the street and down to the pub. As soon as we stepped outside, all eyes were upon us, nearly every man, woman, child and animal held their gaze upon us. Then the whispering began, people practically breaking their backs to lean over to whisper into someone's ear, as they looked at us.