II

Jessika knew that she couldn't show up to the funeral bald

Jessika knew that she couldn't show up to the funeral bald. So with the help of some of the female monks, using the hair that she had shaved off of her own head she was able to make a wig that she wore on her head. Makeup was used to cover up her tattoos as well.

The now nine year old girl was nowhere near ashamed of her tattoos or the fact that she was bald. She just didn't want to draw attention to herself during the funeral. Jessika grew increasingly more and more excited to see her family. Her appointed bodyguard went with her.

When the ship made it to Driftmark she was greeted by the entire royal family due to the king's orders

When the ship made it to Driftmark she was greeted by the entire royal family due to the king's orders. Smiling she ran up to her grandfather first and gently but firmly hugged him. Viserys chuckled and hugged Jessika back before she curtsied to the queen. Turning her attention to Rhaenyra Jessika hugged her mother tightly and Rhaenyra cried in joy.

"Oh my darling how you've grown." Rhaenyra said. Jessika smiled before she looked at her brothers. Jessika pulled them both in for hugs and held them tightly. Pulling away she finally faced her father who picked her up in a hug.

Jessika's grandmother Princess Rhaenys Targaryen led the girl to a room for her to sleep in during her stay. Jessika unpacked and took a bath before she went to bed. For the few days that Jessika was at Driftmark before the funeral she spent most of her time catching up with her grandfathers, grandmother, her father, mother and her brothers. Jessika spent time with Helaena and the two would talk about bugs and insects. She avoided Aegon and spent a little time with Aemond.

When the day of the funeral came around Jessika stood next to her father. He was heartbroken and miserable. She knew that her grandparents must have felt the same but they we're keeping themselves together a lot better than Laenor.

Her great uncle Ser Vaemond Velaryon was hosting and speaking at the funeral. She noticed he held a hostile stare at her mother and brothers while speaking in Valyrian. Jessika was well spoken and fluent in Valyrian and noticed that she was better at speaking Valyrian than most if not all of the adults.

"We join today at the seat of the sea, to commit the Lady Laena to the eternal waters, the domain of the Merling King where he will guard her for the days to come. As she sets sea for her final voyage the Lady Laena leaves two true-born daughters on the shore. Though there mother will not return from her voyage, they will all remain bound together by blood.