"Hey, Y/n-nii!!! Look! My Quirk finally developed!!" The kid exclaimed excitedly. He then made a hand motion of a gun, and a small barrel formed at his fingertips.

"Woah! Is that a literall finger-gun?" Y/n asked, putting away the last packets of instant noodle as he marvled at the kid's newly developed Quirk.

"Yeah! And it can shoot lasers!! But it doesn't hurt much though." He stated with clear excitement in his eyes, then let out several shots of soft beam of light.

Incidentally, the kid's hand was directed at Y/n, so he had to ducked under it. With an irked glare, he pointed accusingly at the kid.

"Oi! That was dangerous! Don't just use your Quirk in a store! It's illegal!" He scolded, and immediately puts his hands away with a guilty look.

"Ah..." Realizing his tone, Y/n face softens. 'He was probably excited... And as a kid, they can easily forget about stuffs like safety when they get as excited as he does...' Y/n thought as he reminded himself when he was the kid's age, excitedly running around the house when he finally can do a backflip, dangerously doing backflips around the house.

It took a bump on the head against the coffee table to make him stop.

Climing down the step-ladded, Y/n said, "Look, you can't just fire your Quirk in some public places, okay? You can get in trouble if some shots actually hit people, y'know?"

Y/n gently scolded, as the kid eyes locked onto the ground. He smilled slightly. At least the kid knew he was in the wrong.

Unknown to him though, that beam that was fired had a little special properties. It can ricochet . While Y/n was breifly getting mad at the kid, the beam bullet ricocheted around the store multiple times, miraculously bounced safely around the items sold. But one unlucky bounce was all it took, when the beam bullet hit a box that was carelessly placed on the top of the shelf, directly above the kid's location.

Y/n heard the initial impact of the beam bullet, so he looked up. And then his eyes widened immediately. The box was falling, and under it was the kid.

"Kid, watch out!!!"

Y/n sprinted and reached out to protect the kid from the impact. The box may be just a small bruise for a teenagers like him or an adult, but for a roughly four years old? That'll cause a lot of damage, especially to his still-developing skull.

Time seemed to slow down from the h/c haired teen perspective, as he was a few meters away. He wished he was fast enough, he wished he was close enough, he wished he has a longer range.

But really, he can only wish.

He can't save the kid.

Not without a Quirk.

And then it happened.

Reddish-black and shadowy substance suddenly emerges from the skin of his hand, completely enveloping it. And in the next moment, the same thing sprouted out like a tendril, immediately latching on to the box, suspending it mid air.

Y/n gasped when he saw it. He had initially thought that he was Quirkless, but seeing the Reddish-black thing sprouting from his hand, there's no denying it. He finally have a Quirk.

A little while after, Y/n set the box down and comforted the kid who was scared shitless as his life flashed in front of him. Evidently it was only four years of life, but you get what I mean.

As he lightly hughed the shooked kid, Y/n stared at his dominant hand, remembering the sensation when his Quirk came out. Reflecting the same sensation again, he sees the reddish-black shadow reveals itself, covering his whole hand.