CHAPTER TWENTY

Start bij het begin

While their discussing about some project, Seri is silently listening to them while Jun Jae keep stealing a glance on her. Her phone beep and she secretly read it under the table.

'How are you? Let's eat some lunch together... I'll wait you at your favorite restaurant... Take care..'

From: Hyeoky

Seri smile. Jun Jae also read it and he got jealous. And she was about to reply on his message when Mr. Yoon called her.

"What do you think, Seri?" He asked. Seri couldn't speak because she didn't understand what they're talking about. "What?" She said. Mr. Yoon frowned and look at her. "Your father tell us that you will assist me this weekend on Jeju island for our company's new joint project." He whispered. Seri got shocked. "Appa... I can't... I already had plan this weekend." She said. Mr. Yoon let out a deep sigh. "Yoon Seri, may I remind you that your the future CEO of this company." He said. "Cancel your plan on that day and make sure you will join Jun Jae to Jeju Island this weekend." He said. "This project is important Seri... Just think on a thousands employees that depend on us." He added. Seri got his father point but she already said yes to Jeong Hyeok on a trip this weekend. "Arasso..." She said. Jun Jae smile and shw agreed. "Thank you, Ms. Yoon... I hope you and my son will enjoy this trip together." Mr. Heo said. Seri let out a small smile.

💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘

Jeong Hyeok is driving heading on Seri's favorite restaurant. He decide to went there early. He look at the bouquet of roses on the passenger seat and He smile when he recalled the day when he first saw her.

He already order their food and drinks. He's browsing his phone while waiting to Seri. He saw Jun Jae's post on his social media account. His heart felt pain when he saw the photo that uploaded thirty minutes ago.

It was taken from Yoon's Company. Seri and Jun Jae next to each other with their fathers on their side. He let out a deep sigh and he admits that he get jealous.

Meanwhile, Seri walking fast at the hallway when Jun Jae called her. "Waeyo?" She said. Jun Jae approach her and he smile. "Thank you that you agree to join me..." He said. Seri smile as she nodded. "Honestly, I have no choice back then... But don't worry I'll be there.." She said. "Excuse me, but I really have to go..." She said. "Jeong Hyeok is waiting on you?" He asked. Seri stop and look at him. "Yes.." She said. "So I bet he's started to court you.." He said. Seri didn't speak. "Yoon Seri... I also want to court you...and to show you what I really feel for you..." He said. Seri didn't speak for a second. "Jun Jae... Jeong Hyeok is your friend, right?" She said. "Yes... But that's our fate, to fall inlove with same woman." He said. "But Jun Jae... I couldn't promise you that I can feel the same way what you feel to me." Seri said. "You don't need to answer me right now, I just want you to know that I like you since the day that I saw you at the bar... And please, let me show you how much I like you, Seri." He said. Seri got surprised. "I have to go... I feel so shy if I stand infront of you for so long after my confession to you." He said.

💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘

Jeong Hyeok smile when he read her message that she's already there. His let out a wide smile when he saw her at the entrance. She's stand out on the crowd for being simple but she has a seductive smile. He stood up and pick the the bouquet. Seri smile when he saw him. "Yah! I didn't use to this... Lunch with flowers given by you.." Seri said as she chuckled. Jeong Hyeok also felt nervous. Seri take the bouquet of roses. "I choose your favorite flowers, you like it?" Jeong Hyeok said. Seri look at her, "Who told you that this is my favorite flowers? Is it Chan Young?" She asked. "Aniyo... Waeyo?" He said. Seri smile, "Honestly, peonnies is my favorite flowers... But I really appreciate this, Hyeoky..." She smile. Jeong Hyeok let out a deep smile and he felt sad. "Waeyo?" She said. "I thought that's you're favorite because when I first saw you, you're buying  roses on the vendor outside the cafe." He said. Seri let out a small laugh as she recall that day. "Ah, that day..." She said. "I felt pity on a young vendor that's why I bought all her roses that time." She said. Jeong Hyeok smile and hold her hands. "You make me fall deeply inlove with you whenever I learn something about you, Seri.." He said. Seri look at him with puzzlement. Jeong Hyeok look at her hand that he was holding. "I won't let go of this hand, I'll promise.." He said. Seri smile, "But you need to, Hyeoky... I'm starving and I need my hand to eat." She said. Jeong Hyeok chuckled.

"I have something to tell you..." Seri said. Jeong Hyeok drink his water and stare at her. "I can't join you on hiking this weekend... I'm sorry.." She said. Jeong Hyeok stare at her with sadness on his eyes. "Can I know why?" He asked. "I need to go to Jeju island with... Jun Jae.." She said. Jeong Hyeok look at her with puzzlement. "Heo Jun Jae?" He asked. Seri nodded. "Hyeoky, I don't want you to misunderstood it, but my father's company and their company signed a contract together for joint partnership in one project. " She explained. "That's all, Hyeoky... I have no choice but to assist him. My father want me to be there with him and as the future CEO of our company , I need to be there." She said. Jeong Hyeok felt envy at Jun Jae. "Hyeoky..." She called when she saw his reaction. "I need to make a good impression on your father, Seri... I want to gain his trust..." He said. Seri smile, "I know... And I know someday you can have his trust but for now, let's gave him sometime to think..." She said. Jeong Hyeok let out a small smile. "How about Halmeoni? Is she okay?" She said. "Honestly, she missed you... And she felt disappointed on me that day. To tell you the truth... She didn't much want to talk to me except for asking me if you're okay..." He said. Seri heart fluttered and happy to know that Mrs. Ri is still like her despite on what happened but at the same timee, she felt bad for Jeong Hyeok because of that incident, his grandmother is got disappointed by him. "After this project on Jeju, I'll visit her..." She said and she smile on him. Jeong Hyeok smile because Seri didn't forget his grandmother.

Jeong Hyeok walk with her until she reach her car. "Thank you for the lunch and these flowers... I really appreciate it." Seri said. Jeong Hyeok smile. "Now I know that your favorite is Peony not roses..." He said. Seri chuckled. "This is  now my favorite too, because of you..." She said. "Be careful on your drive... The road is slippery because of the snow." He said. Seri nodded. "You too... I'll text you when I get home... Bye.." She said.  She went inside to her car while Jeong Hyeok is still standing outside and look at her. "Hyeoky!" She called. "Waeyo?" He said. "How about let's meet this Friday night..." She said. Jeong Hyeok got surprised because this is the first time she initiates first to hang out. "Uhm... If you want in the unit next to your unit. I really miss that place..." She said. She's talking about the unit where she stayed on those days of their agreement before. Jeong Hyeok smile widely. "I'll fetch you..." He said. Seri nodded and wave her hand.

💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘