ꨄ︎ nothing like her ꨄ︎

Start from the beginning

Oh hell no, you didn't just say that.

Warmth. Lana feels a special warmth enveloping her heart. She seriously thought she didn't have one until now. The way you're staring at her, with such adoration, like she's your whole universe, makes her smile nervously.

"Me? But I drive you crazy! Y'know, with my schedule, my calls, my smoothie and food orders- I mean, with my emotional instability in general!"

You half smile. "True but-"

"True?! The fuck..."

The inevitable happens. A chuckle from you sweetens Lana's ears, and she's sure it's one of the most beautiful sounds she's ever heard. She almost (almost) sighs, delighted by the way your whole face comes alive, especially your eyes. Gosh, she just loves to make you laugh.

".... but," you emphasize, ignoring her fake offense and continuing, "I love every second of it. Because I'm well paid for putting up with all that, of course."

"No, you're definitely not. You deserve a raise, actually," Lana acknowledges with a smile, looking down for just a second before back at you. "And I know I can be a bit of a bitch sometimes, but I never intended to make you feel bad or cause you any harm. I'm sorry if I ever did. I'd hate to make you feel the way your damn ex did. No one deserves that, especially not you."

"You never did. You are nothing like her."

The delicate necklace you're still holding quite protectively in your hands steals your attention again. At your first motion with the intention of putting it on, Lana gently touches your arm.

"Allow me."

You nod. The brush of her skin against yours as she takes the chain makes you blush, and just as you want to turn around to hide it like a total pro, Lana brings her hands around your neck. Of course, of course she's going to look you straight in the eye and scrutinize your soul during the whole process, because she enjoys making you suffer that fucking much.

The closeness is such, you can appreciate her glorious beauty from inches away, breathe in her expensive perfume and feel her breath almost mingling with yours. You want to kiss her so badly. Yes, kiss her. But this woman - God, this woman in front of you is so out of your league, which is understandable.

She's Lana Del Rey, after all.

"Done," she says, her hands again combing your hair behind your shoulders. "I really do wish a lot of happiness for you, honey. I hope you find it someday."

Honey? You're melting so bad.

"I- Uhm- I think I already have."

The whisper escapes your lips as your hand travels to your neck, fingers slightly tracing the shape of the golden butterfly, making sure it's really there.

"Don't let it go, then." Lana whispers back, her hand still in your hair. "You deserve that, happiness."

"Yeah, maybe..."

She sighs. "I know you don't believe me, but it's true. I really hope that one day you will not only see that but also how worth it you are."

You can only snort at her words.

"Lana, I'm not-"

"Yes, you are. I'm sorry that someone hurt you enough to make you believe otherwise."

Tears. New damn tears begin to blur your vision and you hate every second of it.

"Don't you want a coffee or somethin'?"

"No, not really," Lana smiles weakly as you roll your eyes. The first tears fall so easily. "Can I hug you?"

"No."

But she does it anyway.

And for someone who doesn't want to be hugged, you cling to her so tightly, as if you actually needed something-or someone-to hold on to so terribly bad. For the second time in less than twenty minutes, soon you're crying on your boss's shoulder again.

This time, however, she holds you, which heals your broken soul a little.

It takes you fewer minutes than before to break the embrace, embarrassed.

"God, I'm sorry, Lana. Again."

"Don't be sorry..." You flinch when her fingers softly wipe away some of your tears. "You're human, honey."

Your eyes close automatically. One more simple yet tender honey and you're going to die. Just like that.

Lana allows you to lean into her touch. Her thumb even traces delicate caresses on your cheek. She feels you relaxing, which makes her frown.

This is so.... Strangely peaceful. This moment, just you and her. She's just realizing that the voices inside her head have gone off and - oh, it's so quiet, so beautiful. The calm after the storm. Or like breathing underwater.

And there's nothing in her thoughts except you. Should scare the shit out of her-it pretty much does-but it makes her smile too.

Of course, Lana thinks, of course it had to be you of all people.

Her own happiness.

Nothing like them.

***

a/n: this is so bad ngl.