Cells

Cells are the basic building block for all living things. The human body contains trillions of them. They provide structure, take in nutrients, convert those nutrients into energy and carry out other functions. All while we live or try to, at least. These cells hold hereditary material that continuously copies its self. Like the human they belong to copying something they've seen on TV.

The brain, a conundrum on its own. It holds neurons, nerve cells, which can transmit information at 200 mph. Yet, the brain cannot function without the heart. Cardiac Muscle cells allow our hearts to beat. May be for love or just ourselves. Lung cells, where to begin. Breathing is natural, instinctual. In, out. Out, in. They filter the air we breathe. Taking it to our blood, which flows to the heart, which pumps to the brain the oxygen we need. But, why? We rarely think for ourselves in today's society. Any who, I digress.

My purpose in telling you of cells and their functions, is not to teach biology. It's to set an image, to make you think. We are all just cells divided. One after the other. I find peace in that, do you? Well, you can't answer me anyway so it doesn't matter much. Here's something to think about, would want to live knowing the day you died?
**************
This is just the start. Hopefully you will join me on this journey.

Much Love

-M